Diagnosed with herpes

Posted , 4 users are following.

Im really just looking for some advice if anyone could help...

Ok so Ive had the symptoms for 2 weeks now (headache, burning when urinating) ... Everything but the lumps and bumps, they showed up last Friday along with very tender pains in my lower abdominal area ??

I've been given medication and creams to soothe the area but nothing seems to be working, I can not go to the Tolite at all as im so much pain going (this includes number 2 as the spots are on my anus area as well) and to make things even worse my time of the month has just arrived ?? Ive been taking warm baths 2ce a day as its the only thing that soothes the areas

Does anyone know how your First outbreak Will last??

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi smithy,

I too was diagnosed on Tuesday . Since then it's broken out not just in my groin but vulva, urethra and now anus, it's so sore . I've been using xycolcaine gel to help when I pee, but it still hurts that much that I fainted in shower yesterday. I've never had a cold sore and my dr said in lucky I got this type , but I don't feel lucky it's sore and digusting. I'm taking an antiviral endone and lyrica .. I feel your pain

• Posted

I've been trying to use zerobase when I urinate and sitting in warm baths to go but it still doesn't do any good, reading up online your First outbreak is supposed to be your worst sad but I have stopped reading things online as they just seem to scare and stress me outlot which can't be good). The lady who seen to me at the GUM clinic only used the word herpes once and that was to explain to me exactly what I had, apart from that she kept using the words "coldsore virus" which helped a lot, she explained that I could still have sex but it was advised not too during an outbreak as this is when my partner would be more vunrable to catching it and to speak my partner as and when I was ready to and to use words such as "Im prone to getting coldsores" she advised to continue using condoms to also prevent me passing it on... I used to think people who had herpes were dirty people who slept around all the time (with sex Ed classes at school) but now I realize anyone can catch them and I feel so sorry for them because no one deserves to go through the fear of not urinating because there brought to tears

• Posted

Type 2, im still unclear on the difference between 1 and 2 would make, is it better to have type 1??
    • Posted

I have type 1, although I never had cold sores! This outbreak is still on going and it's been 7 days of horrible pain

• Posted

Well swabs have said 1 but researching has lead me to think I may have 2 as well, as symptoms are so bad or I'm just unlucky

• Posted

Type 1 is better. Type 2 is more painful. And it last longer. And you can get recurrent outbreaks
    • Posted

I'm happy u have only type 1. Is better then type 2.

Just take care of yourself. And please save sex because you will never know who has type 2 . For the future any serious relations. Please have your partner go to the doctor to get tested for herpes type 2 . You want to make sure you are safe.

• Posted

Hi smithy,

My first outbreak started 9 days ago, first sign was red itchy rash, in my groin which turned into about 30 pustules, then came the pustules on my vulva, labia and then anus... Extremely painful horrible!!! I'm now left with drying sores still painful but less excruciating , but I'm so tired. Have been off my food. I have been on anti vitals and antibiotics, pain relief and lots of water... My GP has given me another week off work so I'm guessing all up its going to be around 2 weeks off feeling yuk

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.