Diagnosed with HSV1 and HSV2 genitally?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys,

There seems to be a lack of people being diagnosed with both HSV1 and HSV2 Genitally.

I'm just making this post so that future people, if diagnosed, can comment and see they are not alone - because right now I feel very alone and that I'm more contagious than everyone else because I have two strains - I feel like I'm going to be shedding all the time and that I'll have outbreaks all the time.

Saying that my first outbreak was very mild so fingers crossed future ones will be too.

Willing to chat to anyone x

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

How did you find out you have both genitally?
    • Posted

I had a tiny fissure/crack type thing on my genitals which was swabbed and the results came back positive pcr hsv 1 and hsv 2.

I feel like an outcast, there's no one else with both!

• Posted

I think I was diagnosed with both 3 years ago. The longer you have it the less outbreaks you have says my nurse. Witch for me has been true
    • Posted

Hi, thanks for your reply. You're the only person that I know of who possibly has both too - what was your first outbreak like, how were you diagnosed?
    • Posted

My first outbreak was horrible, it lasted for over a week. When I went to the doctor, he seen it he knew what it was. I then did the test & it came back that I had both. After my first outbreak for the 1st year I would get small pimple like bumps on the outside of my ..... But for the past year and a half I haven't had an outbreak or anything.
    • Posted

That's great that you haven't had many outbreaks! How old are you if you don't mind me asking? Do you disclose to new partners about hsv?
    • Posted

I was 21 when I got it, I'm 24 now. yes I definitely do tell them.
  • Posted

i had one outbreak since december of 2015 .. and since then i havent had any ones like when i first got it ..

every now and then i might be a little irratatied down there and if i wipe to hard it gets sensitive but for the most part its perfectly fine compared to how my first outbreak was .. 

how long have you had both ??

• Posted

I don't actually know... I had mild symptoms about 1 month ago and I'm starting to feel a little bit more normal now I think.

I could have had hsv1 for a while and just been asymptomatic and then recently got hsv 2. Or I could have got both at the same time. I'll never know rolleyes

• Posted

Hi, I was diagnosed with both and have no idea how long...found out In December 2015 when I had my yearly and was tested for everything. I have no symptoms and have never had any symptoms of either. Retested 3 times still positive. On the brightside, everything else was negative.
    • Posted

If you've had no symptoms then your hsv1 result is likely to be oral isn't t?
    • Posted

So can people go out their whole life without symptoms and not give it to someone ?! Just trying to understand

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.