Diagnosed Year ago...looking for advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Reactive Arthiritis 10/2015 after I was on antibotics for a sinus infection. About a week later I developed C-diff due to failing the antibotics for the sinus infection. About a 5 days later I began having severe swelling in my right leg that I couldn't put weight on. My PCP sent me for test no negative for DVT and took me off work because my leg was 4 times bigger than my left. That weekend the pain became so severe I was in tears and my son-in-law had to take me to the emergency room. All my labs were completey out of wack I stayed for about a week. 3weeks later another flare up I stayed another week. Long story short I am taking indocin, gabapetin, steroids and currently on HuMira every other week because sulfa and Areva didn't work for me. I am trying to see if anyone is having success with Humira.  I have been on Humira for almost 2mths and having alot of pain in my elbows, knees, ankles, lower back and sometimes my fingers. I am fatigue more than usual and I am having some issues with my eye sight. I am at a lost any advice would be greatly apperciated.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have heard good reports on Humera, although I understand it can affect the immune system, although I may be wrong about that. This would possibly cause you feeling fatique

It may be a good idea for you to talk with your GP and explain how you are feeling 

• Posted

Hey Broderriever thanks for the response I will talke with my Rheumatoid physician to see what she thinks about it. :-)
  • Posted

C-diff is usually from medical equipment infection. Not sure why you would have this from antibiotics

Sweling of right leg can also indicate kidney problems due to protein outflow in urine.

Check with your physician. Did you get high BP along with the fatigue?  

• Posted

You are on Humira. This means your rheumatologist has diagnosed your with RA ? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.