Diagnosis from MRI following hysterectomy with removal of both ovaries

Posted , 3 users are following.

Complex endometriosis with severe fibrosis between the uterus and the sigmoid colon which has doubled back on itself twice.

I have been warned of the possibility of a bowel injury and a possible colostomy [sad]   I am feeling so afraid , anxious an confused.

Please any testimonials , help and advise are most welcomed.

Thank you

Carla

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

I had the last 8-10" of my colon removed at 54, after total hysterectomy at 27. I did not have a colostomy tho I went into surgery knowing that was 50-50.

Has gastroenterologist said whether there's any way you can help your colon? I ask that suspecting that the answer is no, but it never hurts to ask.

The 1st words I spoke in recovery room after last surg. were "do I have a colostomy?" I had helped a friend with hers and I feared one for me because I'm allergic to all adhesives (more so to hypoallergenic adhesives!) so I knew that a colostomy would be tantamount to a death sentence for me. But I know several men and women with colstomies and they lead very full lives. There are support groups for those folks, too.

Have docs suggested surgery?

Sending you all good thoughts

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up