Diagnosis help...

Posted , 6 users are following.

Recieved a letter today, exlaing my biopsy results. Can somene give me some advice regarding the letter. Thanks

Inwould like to inform you that we now have the results of the flexible sigmoidoscopy and biopsy performed on the above patient on the 2nd August. The endscopy has shown evidence of patchy erythema in the rectum and biopsy confirmed to have cryptitis and crypt abscess formation in keeping with moderate chronic active (possible ulcerative colitis)

It then says im being reffered to the gastroenterology clinic. Can someone give me some guidence on what all of this is, and what the next step will be when I visit the clinic? Thank you

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi you don't say what your symptoms were to have tests done, sounds similar to my report I have ulcerative colitis.Did they start you on any medication yet.hopefully your next app is quite soon.

• Posted

Hey, thanks for replying! My main symptom was bleeding with like a mucus discharge after going the toilet. No pains or weight loss. Just blood (which I have had for many years, but I always thought it was my fissure which I remember haveing when i was younger) but after examination I dont have a fissure any more. What about yourself?
    • Posted

Hi yeah one of my symptoms was bleeding constant urge to go to the toilet, fatigue body aches it's awful, hopefully medication will settle it soon for me,my weight loss only recently started after diagnosis but that's down to a lot of the foods I dare not eat again 😂 I take octasa through the day and foam at night, not there yet though.

• Posted

Its so strange, as I have no other symptoms! Ive lost weight recently through dieting! But no body aches (if i do have an achey back its just down to my job) sometimes i have growing pains in my legs, but didnt think it could be related to that! And the only time i have the urge to run the loo is usually after a bowl of weetabix! Its so strange! So will they test me too see if im allergic to certain foods and ask for a food diary? Or will they just give me medication without any more investigation?

Thanks

• Posted

Hopefully they will give you all the details when you have your next appointment, body aches are a common symptom with the illness, I really hope you stay at the stage you are with yours and it doesn't progress you get to k ow what your body can tolerate.

• Posted

Hi I have exactly the same symptoms as you .I was treated for piles but kept going back to my dr .I have now been referred for a colonoscopy to find out what's going on .please let me know how you get on .I would be interested to know

• Posted

Hi Michelle, I have been diagnosed with colitis, but they think it could be possibly ulcerative colitis. So im just waiting for an appointment through regarding a talk on how to manage it. Im just hoping im not put on steroids! Hope your ok? X
    • Posted

Hi I have had an provisional appointment for my colonoscopy for 31st of October so I have a while before I know what's going on.I've had 2 weeks without any bleeding until yesterday but I feel like i have piles symptoms again. I have actually seen the piles when I have a bowel movement so I'm hoping that's all it is .like yourself I really don't want medication that will make me gain weight .

• Posted

I have colitis and I am on Octasa tablets for a few months now I was on asacol for a long time and they were fine but since I am on Octasa I have put weight on but we are all diferent so hope everything goes well for u I have no pain now good luck.
    • Posted

Im not in any pain with it at all, so im wondering if they will just let me carry on living with it. As im not sure I want to take a tablet thats going to make me gain weight! Do we have to take medication for life?
    • Posted

How many do you have to take a day Robert if you don't mind me asking.

• Posted

I think you do a drink took me of them and it was very painful so I got put back on them again
    • Posted

Doctor not drink dam predictive text
    • Posted

I'm on 400mg twice a day hoping it isn't a permanent thing to stay on as well.

• Posted

I was happy on asacol but hope i can lose the weight i put on with octasa by reducing the sweets between meals if not i will have a chat  with my dr about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.