Diaphragm weaknes

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone had their diaphragm checked  I have had trouble getting deep breaths sighing and yawning I was sent for tests which showed slightly raised left  diaphragm weakness it slowly getting better but it's been 18 months

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

This sounds exactly like me! I have had problems taking deep breaths and catching my breath for the last 18 months. On a chest x-ray it showed blunting in an upward Costco phrenic angle. There is also an upward bulge in the left side of my diaphragm comma I also have had atelectasis in my left lower lobe of my lung and some small infiltrates possibly due to the atelectasis in the upper lobe of my left lung. I have just recently had a slew of tests ran and one of them was to check on the strength of my diaphragm. It was a very simple test and I fell within normal limits. I am also slowly very very slowly getting better, but it seems to be taking forever! And the causes are unknown.
  • Posted

B
    • Posted

christian90899.althugh, i have not been asked to check my diaphragm but i often have pains in and around both diaphragm with swollens on the right side 
  • Posted

Have u checked to c if u have COPD? I CANT BREATHE IN THE FEV1 N BREATHE OUT,ITS VERY HARD! I HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED STAGE 2 COPD!
    • Posted

I'm sorry honey I have no idea about that,My family has heart disease that runs in the family! And lung problems! I wish I knew something to tell u,but I don't! Please keep us in touch w this situation! GOD BLESS U!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.