diarrhea for 15 days now Constipated HELP ME

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had diarrhea for 15 days however its been 21/2 days since last bowel movment i think im Constipated is this normal or should I be concerd

and also when a strain as if i was trying to pass a bowel movemt it feels lot weaker than useual 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'd say it is normal since your diarrhea cleaned you out.  You should be back to normal very soon.  If you don't go by tomorrow come back and post. So many things could be at play here... age, diet, etc.  In the meantime stay away from cheese and bananas and eat fruit and drink a lot of water.
    • Posted

Thanks hun Im 20 Diet farley poor but do i have some fruit and a lot of water
    • Posted

Hi barbara,

You might think that this is a daft question but how much water  do we need to take in a day for this to work 

• Posted

Drink a glass full before every meal and top up a few glasses during the day. You might need more rooughage to get regular but, personally, during a very long time with diarrhea you should go to the Chemist and get some Dyolite (a sachet you put in water which contains body salts) as this stops you getting weaker and weaker. If still constipated, then eat some roughage like cereal or even licqorice to ease the constipation.
    • Posted

Sorry had wrong spelling...

Dioralyte™ is the number one selling rehydration therapy. It is clinically proven to provide fast and effective replacement of electrolytes and treats the dehydration which a bout of diarrhea can cause.

• Posted

If this is not normal for you, perhaps you should see your doctor. It might be the beginning of IBS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.