Diarrhoea

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had watery stools for nearly 4 weeks now.

Not been abroad, not changed my diet..

Stool sample came back negative, blood tests today.

Any ideas ?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jinny,

Any other symptoms? Gas, abdominal pain, intigestion? Etc.

Could be IBS, stress, food allergy, IBD, liver problem, gallbladder, pancreas, stomach inflammation, stomach ulcer, celiac disease, h-pylori, SOD, small intestine bacterial overgrowth. Also some vitamins and minerals can cause very loose stool and diarrhoea, magnesium for example is one of them. I could go on as without any other symptoms the list is quite extensive!

Sorry I can't be of much more help.

Gem

• Posted

Hi Gemma,

Gas....yes, constantly.

tummy pain ...No.

Good appetite although I don't finish my plate always.

No weight change.

Sometimes I don't make it to the toilet on time!

so frustrating.

Diet hasn't changed.

On Sertraline and one supplement: echinacea (excuse the spelling)

Been bitten by midges (happens every summer) just seem to be susceptible; taking ages to clear up. Immune system not that good with ME.

Going for bloods to be taken today so maybe that will highlight something.

Thanks for your input; much appreciated.

Soon resolve things as time passes.

Kind regards

Jinny 🎈🎈🎈

• Posted

Hi Jinny23,

I have a question for you. Do you drink a lot of coffee? Coffee aks as a laxative. More than a few cups a day will cause this problem. I had similar symptoms as you and was told by my doctor to to reduce my coffee intake. I was a coffeeholic. I drank 6 or 7 cups a day. I cut that in half and noticed less diarrhoea. I also started taking a hrbal medication called Bentonite Clay capsules. As soon as I started taking them my poop became more solid. you may have to do some research in order to find them, Truth be told, I make my own capsules using empty capsules and filling them with Bentonite Clay powder using a gizmo called Cap 'N Quick. It makes 25 capsules at a time. Just don't wear dark clothing while you are making them. It's a messy process, but it's worth it. The powder is very fine. I suggest using a piece of paper uder the gizmo while you are doing the process. that captures all the excess powder. Now whenever I have a cup of coffee I take one of the filled capsules. No more problems with diarrhoea. what a relief. My hemeroids were killing me.

• Posted

Hi mj

I am a tea drinker!

I wonder if that has the same effect?

I drink lots of water because of my ME; my need to keep hydrated.

Interesting what you say...I can imagine you in your lab. siphoning off what you need with your lab coat on 😜😨

Jinny

• Posted

hi,

Stress or worring about something even if you think you not worring about something can cause this, another is food, and the main one is medication even if you been taking it for years, I know this because I went through it, I had all the test you can have drs etc were baffled, I worked it out myself in the end it was down to a medication I took for years, as soon as I tooked half the doss my problems stopped. You need to look at your medication or vitamins you taking. Now if its food make a diary of what you eat or drink in the day, every day this will narrow it down and then avoid it and go from there.

• Posted

Hi Ivan

Thanks for the advice.

Makes good sense too.

Will try halving the dose straight away.

Will keep you informed

Best wishes

Jinny 23

• Posted

I hope you get better soon, don't forget all depends on what medication etc you on, some might take a few days while some can take upto a month before it leaves your system.
  • Posted

Hi, I forgot to say if you on medication for your heart etc before you halve the meds you need to ask your dr first to be safe as they will always no best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.