Diazepam

Posted , 5 users are following.

Is anyone one diazepam and can give me advice please?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I'm on diazepam, what do you need help with?smile
    • Posted

I have been taking 2mg diazepam twice aday so 4mg and doc wants me to cut down to one aday so cut down to one and half and I feel like I'm not ready to cut down. I have been on them for 2months would you say I will get withdrawals? 

Do u mind me asking what mg you take?

• Posted

Hi Cloe, you are on a very low dose and 2 months isn't too long. Your GP is probably worried about addiction so best to discuss with him/her, the compromise could be you cut down to 1 a day but with the option to take another as and when needed, it will give you peace of mind, but do tell your GP you don't feel ready to cut down or explore alternatives such as Buspirone.

I can take up to 5mg per day when needed, but I usually just split and take half and if needed I'll take the other half.

5mg is a medium dose, 10mg would send me to sleep.

Neil 

• Posted

I have cut down to 1 1/2 4 days ago and I feel like my anexity is back and getting all the physical symptoms but i will do as you said untill Monday as I have a appointment with Her then. What is buspirone?

Thanks for your reply 

• Posted

Buspirone (trade name Buspar) is an anti anxiolitic but is not habit forming, you have to take it for about 2-4 weeks to feel any benefit but can take a benzodiazepine like Diazepam until they take effect.

If you can be okay until Monday then great, alternatively you could ask for a call from GP to say your struggling a bit and can you go back to taking 2 a day until your appointment on Monday when you can discuss it further, or send an email saying same. N 

• Posted

I take used to take 5mg as required, but have moved on to something new as from march this year you will not be able to drive if your on Diazapam ( in the UK )
    • Posted

I'm on sertraline so not sure if il be able to take bus par (sorry not good with medicines lol) I don't drive anyway. Does anyone no if anexity can cause acid reflux? Thanks for your reply 
    • Posted

As Anxiety cause that churning feeling in your stomach ( due to the flight or fight reaction ) and the hormone pumping around

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.