Diazepam 5mg one week course

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi I have recently had a baby two weeks ago and my doctor has put me on antidepressants which I have been on now for 12 days however I was still having real bad anxiety of a morning and  night so he prescribed me Diazepam 5mg twice daily for a week which seems t be working ok I feel less anxious than what I did and I am able to look after my baby! Also I want to know is whether after this weeks course of diazepam is up will I be craving more? I am scared as I just want the antidepressants to work now so I can start feeling myself again thanks advice would be great 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Depends on antidepressants, I was on Sertraline, and needed Diazepam for 6 weeks, but Citalopram for only 1 week. after 1 week, you won't be craving Diazepam.Best of luck to you and your baby x
  • Posted

Tell your GP of your worries..diazepam will help ..don't worry about taking it short term ...looking after your baby is more important ...be patient ?.good luck ..ask me anything ..

take care 

• Posted

Having computer probs ......once the AD's kick in you will be fine 
  • Posted

Charlotte you poor girl. At a time like this as well. If you suffered anxiety before you are bound to want anti depressants to work. Valium becomes addictive very quickly. Be very careful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.