diazepam addiction caused for NHS for 16 years

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can anyone help me, a doctor in wigan put me on large quantiites of valium 16 years ago i am totally addicted and need any help possible....Please..Any advice appreciated....my doctor is still perscribing im on 8mg a day and just cant seem to get off them,,dont know who to turn to

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Ask your GP to telll you how to contact your local drug addiction centre. They will see anyone without a referral. You will be gradually tapered off at your own pace.

I'm in the middle of doing it and although I was scared at first, I found so much support and help there that it was the best thing I could ever have done.

Good luck and keep us posted. Love to you, Tess.

• Posted

look up the Ashton Maunal 8mg is not a high dose. However for you it is. Ask your DR to put you on a taper dose. (Dropping 1mg every 4 weeks) It's going to take alot of will power on your part.

What Tess33 says is absolutely true Ask your GP,  but most importantly your in charge. If you need to stay at a dose longer then so beit. Make an appointment for the GP and say exactly what you said here. Print it out if you need too smile but either way don't delay the enevitable' Let me know how you get on mate smile

• Posted

I was taking an enormous amount of zopiclone and siazepam and zolpidem. I mean, really enormous.

The doctor at the drug addiction clinic says that when I get down to 10 mg daily he will consider me cured, although if I want to carry on tapering off then I can.

It just shows that everyone is different - and that, by rights, I should be dead!

But I'm not, somehow, despite one memorable nght when I took 300 mg diazepam plus ten zolpidem tabletss and 28 zopiclone. It made me quite sleepy but nothing out of the ordinary. It shows tht peoplee's tolerance to these drugs varies enormously.

That doesn't mean that I take Andrea's concerns lightly, because I most certainly do. If she feels she needs to take less diazepam, then she does. And I will support anyone who wants to do so and needs to know how.

• Posted

I meant that I did NOT take Andrea's concerns lightly, of course.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.