Did I say....?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Did I say I was feeling better? Woken up today feeling terrible.  Gotta go through it. Shows how up and down this process can be. This is my 4th day back on the meds so early days.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Day 4 for me to tuff isn't it.
    • Posted

Yeah. I replied to Damom yesterday saying I was feeling better, which I was! Bad morning
    • Posted

Feeling how?

This morning I am so agitated, can't concentrate, shaky, sweaty, nausea sad

• Posted

Yeah I'm quite agitated this morning.  I've read it's because the drug is a stimulant which the body needs to get used to.Sorry you're going through it today.  Remember it will pass and improve..... How do you deal with it? Hunker down in front of the TV or get out and about?
    • Posted

Yes I have had Cipralex twice before in the last 15 years first time side effects were hallucinations and body spasms and it was damn hard to stay on them. 2nd time didn't have those more like this time so I knew what was coming but suppose I hoped it wouldn't . The good thing is the body is reacting to accept the tablets and I hope in a week or so it will all get less.

I have Insomina from tablets to so bed time is hard.

Today my 6 yr old is off to Her friends till tomorrow as I couldn't cope at all luckily my mum lives with us so has been doing most stuff.

I am going to try and go out but apart from that will be on the sofa as tummy pain hurts and all the anxiety has flocked to my gut sad

What about u?

• Posted

Yeah had Cipralex before.  As I said in my first post I came off last year after being on it for some time.  In hind sight maybe not a good move! Like you I know the process, though have never had hallucinations....! Sounds like you've got good support around you. I might get off the sofa and go to the gym. Exercise is good. Take it easy.
  • Posted

Day 5.  Soooo bad. How long?
    • Posted

Day 5 soooo bad here to sad(((

What r u feeling ?

I am having panic and anxiety so much worse, woke to pounding heart, hot can't sit still just want to walk feel can't swallow it's really picked up speed from yesterday sad

• Posted

Hi Kate.  Felt just soooo agitated and shakey.  I've improved this afternoon, which I think a lot of us experience - mornings are worse.  I've done this before and know things did get better then.  I think a side effect can be a dry mouth????  Stick with it.
    • Posted

Day 6 Very agitated and shakey.
    • Posted

Feeling the same the minute I open my eyes why r mornings worse??

How's your nausea ? Mine is the worst it's ever been with that feeling of not being able to swallow.

Have to say I have today thought of stopping them as I feel worst then I did before starting them but I know that's normal

• Posted

Hi Kate. Ive got no nausea but shaking like a leaf today and very highly strung.  Don't stop.  These initial effects are usual
    • Posted

Yes am with you, do you take tablet day or night? Wonder if it makes a difference to feelings in the morning?

I have this or what feels like a lump in my throat every time I swallow which seems to be anxiety led.

Want to continue but sad

• Posted

Thanks Kate.  Don't stop. You've got this far, you don't want to go back to square one.  Treat it as if you have flu or a sickness bug, or have broken a limb - you've just got to see it out.

Dry mouth can be a side effect but if it's bothering you chat to your doc.  There are sites giving advice on how to cope with these side effects, including dry mouth. Do a search....

I don't think it matters when you take the stuff, but I'm gonna have a look.  

Take it easy.

• Posted

I don't want to get hung up in it all just wish it just stop sad

U r doing really well Ian and seem quite positve which is good.

My 6 yr old off school today with a bug sad

So am going to take a massive step and drive to toys r us and get Her a barbie which with the anxiety I feel will be challenging talking myself into it at the moment !

• Posted

Get up and go....!!! Do it anyway. Hope you're both ok.
    • Posted

Well done! I'm going to the gym.... Gotta eat first.

• Posted

Did u make the gym?

I picked up after eating lunch I think there must be a blood sugar level element to it all and had an " ok" afternoon listened to my hypnosis and taken the evil pill again - just wish the mornings were not sooooo bad

I researched this earlier thought it may help :

Often one of the first symptoms of anxiety. People complain of feeling as though they will choke or being strangled. In reality its not nearly so dramatic – the muscles in the throat contract and salivary glands produce thick mucus leading to a feeling of restriction around the throat, it can produce a feeling that you are having difficulty swallowing or breathing. In fact you are not having difficulty, it just feels as though you are. You also get a dry mouth and it can feel like you cannot drink but you can.

You feel as though there is something stuck in your throat or sometimes feel there is a lump in your throat. Other times you may feel that you can barely swallow or that there is a tightness in the throat, or that you have to really force yourself to swallow. Sometimes this feeling can lead you to think that you may suffocate or get something stuck in your throat.

What causes this:

When in danger, stress biology produces a tightening in the throat muscles which produces the choking or 'something stuck in the throat' feeling. When in a nervous or stressful situation, many people will experience this feeling. It is often referred to as 'a lump on your throat'.

There is minimal danger of choking or suffocating under normal conditions, however, some people are very sensitive to things in their throat and therefore caution should always be observed when eating. Chewing food thoroughly andslowly will prevent inadvertently swallowing something that may provoke someone to gag. This symptom can come and go, and may seem to intensify if one becomes focused on it.

• Posted

Yeah made the gym. Bit difficult as I hadn't had a great appetite earlier, so lack of fuel....  Good to get out though.

Well done with Toys R Us!  I've been told the best thing is to do these things anyway - carry on as normal.  Easier said than done....

Interesting info about the choking reflex.  I experienced a dry mouth today as well, so that and the possible choking relex may be giving you difficulties.

I agree that the afternoons and evenings are almost always better.  I've often said I can go to bed at midnigt feeling absolutely fine (or almost) and wake up at 3.30am in a terrible state. Don't understand - but then the trick is not to try and understand it but to accept it.  Again, easier said than done....

Anyway, feeling good now and looking forward to tomorrow morning LOL!!!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.