Dietary advise prolapsed bowel/irritable bowel

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I suffer with a prolapsed and irritable bowel that involves me usually in opening them up to 20 times a day and have been that way for nearly five years now. 

Obviously its appalling and I am also overweight due largely to my medication for schizophrenia as I am also a sufferer, well, in view of both conditions I decided last week to take things in hand properly and wondered if the folowing would be any help to those suffering with bowel complaints who are very frequent or with weight related problems.  Currently I weigh 16 3/4 stone and am a size 18 and look back rather longinly to when i was in my 20s and a size 12 and about 9 1/2 stone, I don't know what happened but at 56 I am appalled at my expanding midriff and decided as I say to do something

Breakfast

1 banana

Lunch

Salad pitta with avocado and hummus

Tea

Bowl of golden vegetable rice

Supper

Healthy soup with two slices hovis spread thinly with vitalite

Evening snack

Strawberries, kiwis, banana topped with strawberry yoghurt

I should also say that this being pretty frugal, no one, man nor beast, will stop me drinking or my love of coffee and I have plenty with semi skimmed milk as I WILL not deprive myself of this treat, and I also allow myself some cloudy lemonade mainly of a morning, and drink lovely orange juice with bits, and occassionally have 5 miltons multigrain crackers and the again occasional ginger nairn biscuit from Holland & Barrett.

Its not a perfect diet, but it suits me, and I also take raspberry keytone and leptin suppliments which is all natural stuff, fat burners and the leptin suppresses appetite.  I hope this helps someone as lots of people talk about various diets on here but I believe I am the first to actually "lay it out" on the page so to speak, oh, forgot to say, I am a lifelong, well almost, vegetarian!

Fiona

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Someone on here suggested, and became more and more irate about it, that my diet was too high in fibre, I would now like to point out that if I eat ANY amount of protien, I end up having to digitally assist mid violent straining, as the poo just WILL NOT come down, I just want to make that clear and that a high fibre diet suits me for this reason, so that my stools are more maliable and easier to control. Everyone is different and this chap was completely failing to get the point.  I believe his comments have since been taken down by a modulator.
  • Posted

The other point of course is I am trying to lose weight, so too many carbs or protein are not advisable.
    • Posted

I would suggest if you don't want other people's suggestions or valued advice, then don't bother posting.
    • Posted

I have no objecttion to advise but at the end of the day you have to make up your own mind what suits you and it is no good ramming unwanted advice down people's throats.
    • Posted

Besides, I posted MY advice cheifly to help others, not to start a heated debate.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.