Dieting for the Right Reasons

Posted , 5 users are following.

When it comes to dieting, far too often we take those first steps towards weight loss bliss for what we later determine are all the wrong reasons. Ultimately however, if your reason works for you there is no truly wrong reason to diet. The trick is in finding the reason that will actually work for you.

I've seen all kinds of excellent motivators when it comes to dieting and taking your dieting seriously. One of the more common reasons is to lose weight. This is as good of a reason as any. Some want to get back into the size 5 jeans they wore in high school while others would simply like to be able to look in the mirror once again without feeling guilt. For some this is a simple matter of vanity and for others it is finally managing to deal with what has become a lifelong problem. If you find the inspiration you need to be successful with your dieting this time as opposed to others, then that is the perfectly plausible and acceptable reason for you to diet.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

- not sure I understand entirely what you are saying - andĀ the very word 'diet' conjours up all manner of negativity - i prefer the term 'healthy eating' - in my opinion it is not the losing wgt which is the difficult part - it is the maintaining and not putting it back on - and that meansĀ  lifestyle changes - n0t just a 'diet' to lose wgt for whatever reason -
    • Posted

Yes absolutely, but when it comes to living a long and healthy life, there are two necessary ingredients: diet and fitness. While some believe that they are one thing all together, nothing could be further from the truth. It is quite possible to have a perfectly healthy diet with deplorable fitness habits. It is equally possible to be very physically fit with less than savory eating habits.
  • Posted

See crash dieting is not good for health and may cause seviour health issues. Inspite of dieting you can avoid overeating or emotional eating.
  • Posted

Hi! I am Ria and its my first time here. I am one of those who are trying to lose weight. I am driven now to take it seriously because i dont want to suffer from any illness in the future. I want to be healthy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.