Different brand

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi I ordered my repeat prescription of citalopram 20mg but it's a different brand. Do you think I will feel any side effects from this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Leah. A lot of people have asked this question including me! I e just been increased and I have 20mg brand called medreich and a 10mg called accord! I had a crap few days taking them

But think it was more the increase causing a few side effects, not the citalopram brands. Unfortunately, once our heads start thinking about these things, we are bound to start feeling like we are getting side effects! It's a viscous circle, enough to drive us nuts!

I'm sure you will be fine xx

• Posted

Thankyou I will try not to think about it too much and see what happens 😬😬x

• Posted

You're welcome. It's damn hard to stop thinking about side effects and brands if you've had a tough journey on citalopram or any of these drugs. Makes you paranoid!!! X

• Posted

By law, the active ingredients must be the same regardless of manufacturer. However, there's nothing to say that the coatings must be the same. The coatings on drugs are carefully designed to disolve at a particular rate so the drug is released at the intended dose. Cit, if released too quickly, reacts badly with acid in the stomach and can cause unpleasant nausia and render the drug uselss in your system because the acid neutralises it. I never trust the generic drugs. You just never know what impact the coating will have on absorbsion.

• Posted

Oh I see! Thanks for your reply. I have 4 left of my old packet I will start the new brand then

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.