Difficulty breathing

Posted , 9 users are following.

Sometimes I have a hard time breathing. Like I cant breathe in all the way. I have visited the doctor and he told me its anxiety. But i don't know because i don't know what im anxious about. I have no stress since its summer so... I also feel light headed at the same time. Let me know what you guys think it could be! Thanks in advance. smile

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes I go through that all the time. I always tell my Dr I can't breath right. But everything is normal. It is definitely anxiety. I try to practice breathing exercises. Good luck

• Posted

sometimes we can get stress and anxiety sometime after a crisis is there anything in the last couple of months that played on your mind? as sometimes we bury things we cant deal with 

• Posted

Anxiety doesn't always have to be for a reason, or it can be from something years ago. See a therapist to help you find out if you want to

• Posted

You have now become aware of it, so maybe you are getting anxious about it? If you think about it too much you are nurturing it. Do some small jobs to distract yourself and then notice afterwards how your breathing is. Good luck
  • Posted

I feel exactly the same. I have constant shortness of breath all of the time, and now i Have become aware of my breathing i notice the little things that I shouldn't. I also feel lightheaded all the time I have also been told that it's anxiety as well.

• Posted

I think it's anxiety, too, Zayn. Your doctor has given you the correct diagnosis.

• Posted

Probably is,but if it keeps up and causes you more anxiety,get a second opinion to ease your mind. Worrying about health isnt fun. Xx
  • Posted

Do you have GAD?  You don't have to be having a panic attack to experience this it would be considered part of a generalized anxiety disorder. The dizzy makes sense because you are so focused and obssessed with your breathing its probably shallow and not on the natural smooth Rythm. You are altering that, your body knows how to beeathe without you conciously  getting involved. If anything you probably tend to hold your breathe whilst focuing on it. Maybe try learning mindful breathing then you can use these focus in a positive way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.