Dihydrocodeine abuse

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can taking 8 to 10 dihydrocodeine 30 mg pills a day cause serious health problems? I am aware of addiction issues but what are health risks? Is there risk to kidney function or liver function etc? Could someone please let me know.

Thanks in advance

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi russa the answer is yes . I've been on diadrocodeine for five years and have had a liver function test two weeks ago

The result was my liver is at 98% when normally it should be between 0-42% for normal range. Am on a taper now but I was taking between 10-16 a day. Hope this helps. Good luck

• Posted

Yes there is health risks such as sever constipation loss of apatite and not to mention the hilusinations and memory loss from prolonged use trust me I am an addict and have been for many years it's not a nice drug as it is very similar to heroin and just as addictive.
  • Posted

Sorry I did forget to mention kidneys should be fine but liver can be damaged however if your taking 8-10 spreading them out you should be fine however taking them in the 1 go can potentially have an effect on your lover.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.