Discharge with LS?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm finding that when my LS symptoms flare up, which is like clockwork 2 weeks before my period, that I get lots of discharge. It's milky and watery, but sometimes thick. I have self treated as a yeast infection but find it odd that it happens month after month. I'm beginning to think it's my LS. Anyone else have discharge as a result of a flare up?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kelly, Yes it is LS.  This is why many women have problems because LS mimics other women's issues, it is very odd.  It took a while for me to figure out what this was, but over the years I have learned that when I have a white discharge, which looks almost exactly like milk, then it is LS.  It should go away when your flare goes away.  But, If you are constantly flaring then you may have to look at your diet, as many women have problems with gluten/dairy or sugar.

• Posted

Yep that is LS. sad I experience that too with a flare. I also seem to have discomfort when I am near my cycle. I have slacked big time with my diet and have been having issues off and on for a few months now. I did so well when I first was diagnosed but have really fell off the wagon. Best of luck to you!

• Posted

I was hoping that wasn't the case! I don't eat especially unhealthy...I don't do much dairy with except of a coffee in the morning and a yogurt at lunch. What type of diet should I follow? What is an LS safe diet?

• Posted

I honestly don't know if there is an answer. My doctor doesn't believe diet has anything to do with it. I don't believe that although I believe hormones also play a role. Some follow gluten free and some follow alkaine diet. I believe I am healthy and do my best. I am a long distance runner so sometime it is hard for me not to load up on carbs but I do my best to stick to rice and sweet potatoes. Pasta is really hard for me to give up but tomatoes kill me!!! I am now rambling...sorry. I think it is personal and everyone had to figure out their own triggers. Sugar is a definite....I failed there with the holidays.

• Posted

I'm menopausal, but I've noticed a discharge at times, too.  I thought it was from my Interstitial Cystitis, which acts up if I eat or drink acidic items.  Both IC and LC are autoimmune diseases, and wheat, dairy and sugar are the major food cuprits for autoimmune problems, as Guppy also pointed out.  Thanks for bringing this up, because until now I thought the discharge was from the IC.

• Posted

Hi there. I don't have periods any more but I remember this always happening to me and found out it can be a sign of ovulation. Expelling the 'eggs' type of thing - it always used to happen mid month

Which kind of figured. Hope that helps?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.