Discoid Lupus Erythematosis

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was diagnosed with DLE 6 months ago ( a 28 year old girl) and am on hydroxychloroquine treatment (topical stroids weren't helpful) . new lesions stopped from developing but the old ones (all on scalp) are really annoying for their disfigured hairless scar-like shape. I would really be happy if I knew there are solutions to this problem... :roll:

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Maybe if there is still anyone out there who reads this, i d be interested if they'd let me know what other symptoms are for lupus as my brother had it. Well his was Hughes disease (still lupus) sticky blood call it
  • Posted

Hi im 26 and I have dle had it about 4 years tried creams and steroids I have tried hyroxychloroquine and methotraxate thialidamide none worked but chlorquine iswhat I am on now and it has mostly cleared I still have scars but even they seem alot better. Hope this helps I know what it was like when I first had it 
    • Posted

Was this medication in pill form or creams?  I was diagnosed with this about 14 years ago. It had went into remission but still had scars. Now it has started up again.  I was just wandering if they had any new treatment the last several years.  I too was on the hyroxychlorquine pills and some creams I do not remember what they were
  • Posted

Hello I'm sorry for your problems, wish I could help. I am also on same medication, I started on two  200mg tablets a day then after 6 wks I had to lower to 1 a day. Are you on the same dose? They say they are treating the symptoms in my case, as the biopsy wasn't conclusive. They think its Sjogrens, although family member had lupus.I am exhausted all the time it seems.  chatting on here, get an answer back, where I don't have enough energy with aches can't reply as soon as I'd like. Never mind tomorrow's another day.  
    • Posted

Yes im on 200mg 1 day. And seems to be working for my dle.
  • Posted

I too have discoid lupus my chest and arms are cover with painful itchy sores. I have had no luck with doctors. It comes every spring and goes away in the fall.. If anyone has a remedy for the sores I would love to hear it.
  • Posted

I have had discoid for years tried all Meds. The sores just keep coming are there any home remedies I could try... HELP

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.