Discouraged and Fed Up with this Cipralex !

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

You have all been following my journey so far on this medication. I will be starting week 6 tomorrow and honestly I am so close to quiting. I do not see any positives at all, only bad symptoms which have made me feel worse than before I started on this med. I am not being negative here, just simply factual. Everyone I have spoken to or written to, including my doc and the nurses at my doc's office after telling them of my negative symptoms keep telling me they will all go away and you will eventually start feeling better. I was also told from many people again including the medical staff that this med take from 3 to 6 weeks to work. Well this is my 6th week as I said and truly very discouraged. I see no results. I continue to experience on a daily basis, throughout each day a nervous, shaky and heart racing feeling. Its disturbing and not to mention scary. Told my doc about it, and she said not to worry. She did say that if I wanted to go back to 10mg if the symptoms persist that I can. I have a follow-up appointment in 2 weeks with my Doc and thought I would hang on and continue the med till then. But, I now do not think I will. I will crank down to 10 this week, then to 5 and then stop. At least if I had some good come out here and there I could then feel a little encouragement and less frustration, but I do not. Only awful feelings. What do you all think about this ?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I hard similar on sertraline, the Dr kept persuading me to continue so in the end I weaned off myself then when I was on a very low dose went back to the Dr and told them so they could try me in something else - that's when I started cipralex but it seems to be settling things for me now (I'm about 3 to 4 weeks in)

Not all meds work for you, you're an infividual - simple as that! If it's not right for you then stop and try something else, there's plenty more out there. Although, bear in mind most all of them make you feel worse before better and ive tried a few! No bad symptoms for me have lasted more than 2/3 weeks though in drugs that have helped me, ones that haven't have made me feel hellish!

Fingers crossed you find something that works for you soon

Sarah

• Posted

Also worth noting, higher doses can heighten anxiety symptoms and lower doses can sonetimes work better, that happened to me in citalopram! 20mg stopped working but 40 made me feel awful hence the changes initially to sertraline and now escitalopram! Maybe dropping it might help and work on a lower dose? Hope that helps :0)
  • Posted

Hi Damom,

You gave it a nobel try time to follow your intution on this. The best of luck to you, you've really stuck with things through a very difficult time.  Karin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.