Dishiscence after hysterectomy

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a Key hole Hysterectomomy in August.  After 3 weeks my bowel came through my internal stiches and i had to have emergency Surgery.  I was terrified, However i do not know anyone who this has happened to.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maureen I'm so sorry you have had such a terrible time x I had open hysterectomy and ovaries removed in July, I have been backwards and forwards to see my gynie die to pain on my left side and peeing myself. I have now signed this morning to have keyhole surgery to investigate but feel it is adhesions I am just waiting for my date which should be before Xmas x I also have to have a urodynamic test only bladder but advised this should be after Xmas and will be a bit uncomfortable xxx I know we went through the main surgery to give us a better life we don't expect complications x I hope you feel better soon and you get some answers from the lovely ladies on here x
    • Posted

Hi Nicola, what a releif to contact ladies in a similar position. You sound like you are going through a tough time.  Like you i hoped all would be good after the operation and end up with complications.  I hope all goes well for you.  t is good to share are experiences with someone.  I felt I was alone out there and found this website.
  • Posted

omg thats nasty hope your ok now smile
    • Posted

Hiya Margaret

I will be ok once they check to see if I have adhesions and get rid of them I hopefully go in next couple of weeks xx I will keep you posted xxx

• Posted

Hi Margaret,  I am OK now but i have had further bleeding which is Granualtion tissue,  Been back to gyni  who quartised this so hopefully healing OK now.
  • Posted

hi peeps i had both ovaries and a huge dermoid removed 3 yrs ago(open surgery) plus cysts removed from my womb and colon and kidney ,i am still in some pain so im going back to ,I want my womb removed ,ill also keep you informed ladies ,great being a woman hey sad oh well tc ladies chat soon mags smile x
    • Posted

Morning mags

Yes please keep in touch yes it is wonderful on here all the ladies have their own story to tell and share, I have made an amazing friend called Kerry we keep in touch on a daily basis we have been speaking since March, I can't stress enough to keep going back until something is done to help you xx good luck hon xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.