as well as a shed load of trepidation.

The  offered !!--Menu--!!! found me eating boiled or mashed potatoes,

scrambled eggs,custard,a few dissolved veggies, and numerous other

slippery foods.. A warning emblazened in my brain  to ""Look at food, but

don't eat IT""

Losing weight, and the will to live,and a very empty stomach.(because

my brain conjured up a vision of little devils with a brush and shovel,

who swept any food on it's way down straight into the "Pouches" and

left it to fester like an unexploded bomb.

Help was needed "big time",so I asked for it by starting DIVI DINERS

forum, and waited.

It came from other devotees of this awful D.D  What a relief to find that 

I was not the only kid on the block.

They offered food to eat, to avoid,sucesses ,disasters,to enjoy,and most

imprtantly, food to chew..

A lot of laughs,shared horror stories,new friends  (sort of  ),and a happier outlook on life after I discovered about Probiotics, tablet form.

Since I started taking them last August,,I have become pain free,and I 

have no one to tell.

I can only presume that the Divi Diners crowd are all in good health,

I feel a tad like "E. T. having to ask if there is anybody there??,and how

are you all ?

I still can't bring myself to eat (WUSS)  crunchy veggies,toasted tea cakes , NUTS, and hot curries  and fruit cake, but I have discovered 

a small pleasure in fresh cream eclairs,and Jaffa cakes.

How is every one ?????????????????????????????

Jacquelinesad 

2 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Jacqueline, like you I found a lot of great help on this forum, some from your good self, thanks. I still miss a good tomato and cucumber sandwich on seeded bread, and a hunk of fruit cake, but I'm not risking it as I feel at least I am in charge not the other way round. Touch wood I haven't had any real problems for a while now, and have found a few alternative foods (hmm cream eclairs, there's a thing I haven't tried ). I am saving the probiotic route for now, but if I get a problem I will give them a go. Glad you are doing well, perhaps on this forum no news is good news. Xx
    • Posted

Hello Alex, that's two of us . Glad you are doing good. I just had a 

quick drool thinking about seeded bread etc Found a way round the tomato  barrier. I do the hot water drowning bit to get the skin off. then

scrape all the seeds out.

Seeing as there is no one else around , I will tell you. I love marrow

fat peas (forbidden) but I had such a rush to taste them again.

I opened a tin and removed EVERY pea shell, Took for ever ,but

worth it

It's eclair day tomorrow, I pick my aunt up and we get lost in

Derbyshire, then find a cafe fot tea and eclairs.

Probiotics are magic

Let's hope someone else talks to us .I kept picking up on desperate

cases and pointed them to the D.Diners forum.,don't know if they made it,but I have just discovered the forum is on Google, so, easy peasy now.Also eat loads of mangoes   xxxrolleyes 

• Posted

i have this dd,i find i have flair ups now and then but i eat a variety of food,not nuts,i eat curry,salads,fish,veg of most descriptions,junnk food,not kfc.macs,i amble along ok.i think my steroids and pensata help.i am slowly coming off steroids,(got three weeks left on these and i know i will have to get back to a decent diet,but i dont avoid my curries or hot dinners unless i am really poorly)having finished course of steroids after a weekor two even on a sesible diet it flairs up and i am back on anti biotics or steroids,vicious circle.good luck to all us suffers.
    • Posted

think you should be a bit more cautious about what you put into your stomach. then your flares may not be so numerous
    • Posted

I really miss eating fruit scones and hope I shall be able to eat strawberries when the season starts. I do love mangos though with yoghurt really yummy. My  main problem is constipation but occasional runs. Not pleasant when you are going out
    • Posted

Strawberries are still on my "Scary " list,. Did you have any last year, with 

no repercussions ? I miss malt loaf and hot cross buns .sad

• Posted

Can't eat anything with currants in either 😒 strawberries upset me alot last year but am going to give them another go because I love them 😍
  • Posted

I'm not risking anything with the word berry in the name unless it's pureed and seived. Just not brave enough.
    • Posted

How are you coping with veggies ? and salad leaves, I love watercress and rocket and spring onoions, and sprouts but can't sum up the courage

to start eating them again. What we need is a Dietician with ""The 

Knowlede "" to give us some direction, instead of us floundering

around. 

• Posted

Hi Jacqueline, leaves, be it cabbage, sprouts, lettuce or similar. I thought they constituted soluble fibre and were therefore ok. I tend not to have a salad much these days (tomatoes), but veg-wise it's cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, Swede, squash. Very occasionally runner beans. Alex xx
  • Posted

Good luck and happy eating. I've been taking antibiotics for a sinus infection and was worried when I got a few reigned in my gut. Anyway I got some probiotic pills, as recommended, from h&b and so far things are looking ok. Good advice, thanks. Alix

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.