Dizziness?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was actually feeling ok today and yesterday. My main thing is health anxiety, that something is wrong with my heart.. Well I'm sitting here, getting a bit stressed when my son was misbehaving. I had my laptop on my lap and was reading and had my earphone in one ear. All of a sudden I got a ton of pressure in my head with a wave of dizziness, followed by the hot feeling of panic all over me.. What is that? I've now convinced myself my heart stopped and that it'll happen again now.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

The problem with health anxiety is that any time we feel "regular" anxiety we immediately catastrophise and think it must be related to a physical problem, even when it's absolutely not. Then the more we focus on what physically might be wrong,the more the anxiety grows. It goes round In circles. That's just how it goes unfortunately. The only advice I can give is try to address your anxiety in general and not the health anxiety. It's all the same beast. Health anxiety on its own can't really be resolved until the anxiety in general is controlled.
    • Posted

Wow really weird, I was reading a reply that you had posted to someone a year ago and was debating on messaging you and asking if you're still suffering from it and everything but didn't want to sound weird lol
    • Posted

Lol yeah I still suffer,but I've learned that it's just a part of my anxiety, so it doesn't quite rule me as it did. If my anxiety is super high then yeah it's a problem but therapy helps some. It is a weird problem for sure lol
  • Posted

How is your blood pressure? Sometimes anxiety can bump it up enough to create a vascular feeling, what you described. 
    • Posted

Usually in the 120 to 130s.. During my actual panic attacks it gets in the 160s to 170s.
    • Posted

That would the whats behind what you felt. Thats what happens. But it is the effect if the anxiety not then the cause. There is something called mind fullness breathing. Utube has videos. That where i learned it from. Practiced it a lot. It works wonderfully to keep the bp constant and will lower in when done right in minutes. I went to my dr. And it was up, then took literally maybe two minutes later and did the breathing, no thoughts at all allowed during that time but focusing in breathing and calm, it went right down. So it works. Maybe a good idea for you to learn that. Your experiencing a reaction to your Bp thats what you feel. Anxiety does and causes awful reactions and symptoms.
  • Posted

I think you had a panic attack. It can happen for no reason.  If you ARE really concerned about the heart, see a dr. Otherwise, take deep breaths if this happens again and try once more.
    • Posted

Oh I've had blood work and probably 3 or 4 ekgs since February.. My anxiety though is still telling me something is wrong. I swear the day I started eating healthy (for the most part) and drinking water instead of pop, my body started acting up. Frustrating!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.