Dizziness!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

Does anyone on here who suffers with sinus problems feel dizzy or lightheaded???

I suffer terribly with it and it's really quite depressing!!

Anyone have any advice or tips??

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Laura. YES!  It's such a drag.  Saline nasal rinses, steroid nose sprays, moistening the air with a pot of boiling water and fresh air. 

I'm having a major bout as I write this. Going to work has been difficult, for sure. I hope your sinus issues improve!!!!

best,

linda

• Posted

Hi Linda,

I use a nasal spray as I do get a strange pressure sensation across the bridge of my nose which I can deal with. It's the feeling off balance that I don't like!

Doctor prescribed me with floxacillin in the past and it seemed to work. What meds are you on???

• Posted

Hi Laura,

I was on an antibiotic, but had a terrible reaction 7 days in - mega dizziness and terrible tummy.  Stopped the antibiotic and the side effects continued. I'm at 5 days post antibiotic - doc says it can take a while before antibiotic is out of my system. And major dizziness should fade. Probably would not do antibiotic again!!!!

best,

linda

• Posted

Hi Linda,

I'm on my second bout of sinus problems and the dizziness is still there, I'm able to control it but I'm learning a new job which involves me being in a classroom all day and its unbearable at times, feels like I'm about to pass out.

Have you ever taken Sudafed??

• Posted

Hi Laura,

i have taken a decongestant - not specifically Sudafed. I tend to take them in the evening - usually buy a liquid one. I have found that steroid nasal sprays help to reduce the swelling of the sinuses. My doc prescribed a steroid in liquid form that is usually used in inhalers for asthmatics.  I put it in a squirt bottle mixed with sea salt and distilled or boiled water then rinse out my sinuses.  It seems to get in there a bit better than the premixed steroid nasal sprays. I use it once in the a.m. and once at night. It makes a difference. 

Best,

linda

• Posted

No I haven't, I was also told that Sturgeron for travel sickness was good to take for dizziness???

• Posted

Hi Laura. Yes I do. I am having a episode as I type. It makes you mega tired combined with a fever bunged up type symptoms is very painful. I only get slight relief from decongestant tablets. I have tried the sline washes and have found they dont help. If anyone has any other advice or tips I would be grateful.
  • Posted

Yes, happens everytime I wake up. Its horrible.. Feels like my body is a unbalanced feather. Just took an allergy test today to see if there is a link.

If anyone knows any tips to deal with this dizzyness let us know (: thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.