Dizziness, faint and lightheaded

Posted , 4 users are following.

3 months ago I started getting dizzy and faint spells, a couple of weeks later they got a lot worse and I had episodes of feeling like I was going to faint, very dizzy and headaches. I went to my doctors and they did lots of blood tests and they were all relatively normal, I was then sent to a neurologist but again that was all fine. Since then I have had to take time off work and if I walk for more than 5 minutes I feel like I'm going to faint and get really dizzy, I haven't actually fainted but it gets so bad I need to sit down. I never know when this is going to occur and I am getting really fed up and can't live a normal life. Does anyone have any ideas or experience the same symptoms?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I get these symptoms and I suffer from ME/CFS. It might not be that in your case but it's worth bearing in mind. Do you get brain fog? A feeling as though your brain is cotton wool, very unpleasant?
    • Posted

Thanks for the comment, do you get similar symptoms? I do not get brain fogs
    • Posted

Yes as I said I do get similar symptoms but if you don't get brain fog it's doubtful that you have ME as it's one of the main symptoms, that and extreme constant fatigue among other things.
  • Posted

Have your ears been checked?  They are concerned with balance.  Worth raising the subject with your GP.  
    • Posted

I haven't but this is worth doing although I don't feel my ears sore at all
    • Posted

I don't think you would feel soreness in the ears.  I would certainly get them checked if you have dizziness.
  • Posted

Hi there. I recommend that you get an eye examination - tell them your symptoms and history, and make sure they do a visual fields test. A lot can be determined from the eyes too. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.