DIZZINESS, TINNITUS, BALANCE ISSUES, NECK PAIN

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been having dizziness everyday for the past 3 years, tinnitus and balance issues. I have been to 2 ENT's , a neurologist and a heart doctor and they couldn't find anything. Recently I have been having pains in back of my neck and lower back. I am on the vertigo and dizziness forum and someone on there said they read that people have seen a chiropractor for these symptoms and it helped them. I recently seen a chiropractor who did xrays which showed I have a misalignment in back of my neck and spine and that the symptoms I have are coming from this and with some adjustments I will get better. I was wondering if anyone else has had these similar symptoms and has went to a chiropractor, if so, did it help ? If not, any feedback would be appreciated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Probems with ellignment in the neck and back can reduce the area in the spine, which the nerves run down, which COULD cause the symptoms you're describing.

The best way to determine the accuracy of the " misalignment in back of my neck and spine", is to have an MRI scan, this will show the structures and through a report, will be able to accurately say if there is a problem there.

All you can do right now is some neck and back evercises in order to strengthen the muscle and also, start to hol yourself straight i.e. - could be due to bad posture.

Your symptoms are quite relaxed, so my advice would be physio.

I have been going through similar problems though my nec pain is accompanied by moderate to severe headches that also make me feel sick, dizzy, unbalanced, confused and most of the time I get vision or ear problems too

• Edited

I agree w/ Danny. Sounds like a good probability of forward head posture. One of the things that can happen with this is a shortened SCM ( sternocleidomastoid) with trigger points. When this muscle as well as scalenes are riddled with trigger points it can cause the symptoms you describe. This muscle can also tilt the head in positions that can throw off oculomotor control and sensorimotor control...basically eyes and brain can't figure out where body is in space....physical therapy if this were indeed your problem would be the best way to go....without strength adjustments will never hold....it is very important that you get a therapist well versed in muscle imbalance....if this were your problem you can't just strengthen any and everything....particular muscles would need work so the overactive ones can relax...Good Luck

• Posted

I have position vertigo, I saw an Equalbirumin Physoptherapist and she fixed it immediately. She also gave me a print out to give to my physio of how to do it if it came back. Her treatment lasted about 3/4 years and i've had my physio do it once since about 12 months ago and for the moment it's fine.I was very gentle and quick and not in the slightlest painful a bit freaky because you have to keep you eyes open while they are moving your head and the dizziness hits but I would thoroughly recommend it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.