Dizzy 8 years

Posted , 9 users are following.

I was just wondering how many others were contemplating offing themselves.

I've been dizzy for 8 years. No caffeine, alcohol, blood work is fine minus slight anemia and I take iron pills.

HELP

* CT and Mri came back clear too

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

I feel you. It has been about 9 years for me. Feels like ill never get better. Dont really enjoy very much. But i have faith that maybe one day it will ease up. Have you been tested for vestibular neuritis?
  • Posted

Hi Sarah don't think that way it will get better i have vvertigo and balance problems foryears now I have also have jhad breast cancer I know what it is liketthinking I may die it's not good life is to precious hold on to that seek outside help such has a dizzy clinic physico therapist such ideas like that I know it'sawful but we are all with you withawful tthing stay strong be your own self help u can do it hoping this will help you
    • Posted

That's so odd I just got diagnosed with it too. Radiation starts in 8 days. I wish you all the best!!!!!
    • Posted

hi sarah i have been umbalanced going on 2 yrs now and believe me i come close to it but i stopped myself ive lost my job and virtually housebound tried ever so many tests and tablets but i found out 2 weeks ago my beautiful grandson of 2 has got incurable cancer made me think of life differently chin up girl and try not to let it get the better of you x x
    • Posted

Thanks and I'm sorry about your grandson. I really hope he gets better!!!!
  • Posted

yEs!  But in reality I know I won't.  hAve you tried any alternative things?  I have no faith left after  my 5 years,,with regular doctors any more.  I'm older and it's,hard enough dealing with aging ,,without is,on top!  if I had plenty of.money  I wouldn't be bothering with regular medicine, but all the other stuff costs.  iMhad my hopes,raised not  long ago when I read a book that talked about something called Brainport.  Google it and you'll see why.!
    • Posted

I live in Canada so I'm sorry you have to pay for health care.

I've tried everything possible. If anything it feels somewhat better knowing anyone else feels what I am. My friends don't understand and it's frustrating.

• Posted

I am in uk, we don't pay on the NHS, which for this  condition is pretty useless! I meant alternatives ar costly.
  • Posted

I'm dizzy for 4 yrs so I know your pain. I am going to throw a few weird things out. I have read about Wisdom teeth being the problem for people like us. If you still have them maybe that is the problem. I was diagnosed with Vertical Heterophoria which i an eye issue. Look it up on line. One last thing is the SCM muscle in the neck, when that is tight it can cause problems. There is a forum for peole like us called dizzy times, look that up as well. I hope we all feel better soon.
    • Posted

Hello rock solid, can you tell me what treatment they give you for this Vertical Heterophoria?  
    • Posted

They gave me special lens as part of my prescription, they added prisims to them. It has helped me some.
  • Posted

Hi Sarah. I completely understand how you feel. This is so hard to deal with. I live in the United States and it's become very expensive. I often feel trapped in a never ending cycle of chaos. Finding the right physical therapist, the right audiologist, the right orthopedic doc, and the right ENT has made a big difference for me. My physical therapist is my gate keeper because she's the one who has the best Handle on how I'm really feeling at any given time. She is also my advocate with all my other doc. She validated my dizziness as a vestibular disorder when my first ENT gave up and said to come back in 4 weeks if I was still having problems. Sometimes I feel like it would be a relief to just not exist anymore, to not have to go to work and try to pretend I am okay when it's obvious that I'm not. even working at all is a huge challenge. Please hang in there. You have us. Mary
  • Posted

Hi Sarah,

I'm so sorry that you feel so bad.

I think that doctors completely underestimate the drain that this condition has on your mind and spirit

I have noticed that if I am stressed, my dizziness immediately gets worse.

(Having to walk down the back steps is enough to stress me)

I am now trying to learnn relaxation techniques so I can stop the useless meds and get some control.

Maybe  you could try something similar. I think we all need to think outside the box as doctors seem largely clueless.

I know it is so hard ut please don't give in to despair.

Better tomorrow.

Lindy

• Posted

Thanks everyone!

I was not serious about offing myself. I just miss being able to walk without looking drunk.

I really appreciate all the support.

I hate that other people feel dizzy bcs I wouldn't wish this on anyone but I don't feel alone anymore.

Thanks again <3>

• Posted

Good to hear I am so happy we all helped hopefully one day we will all be normal what ever that is haha just keep on trying to find a solution never give up good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.