Dizzy for 3 long months!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone. I am new on this site and have been suffering from dizziness and being lightheaded for over 3 months. I have stopped doing so much because I never know how I am going to feel day to day. It has ruined my life. My friends and family support me but don't understand how horrible this is. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

What does the dizziness feel like? Can you describe it? It helps when distinguishing between various types.
    • Posted

Light headed and dizzy especially with movement. I was rear ended May 18th and my dizziness has been has been worse. I went to a physical therapist today and she seems to really know what she is talking about compared to every other doctor I have seen. She had me look up, down , left, right and that makes the dizziness much worse. I get to see her tomorrow and I am actually looking forward to it and praying she can help me. I want to be the same wife and mother I was three months ago.
  • Posted

Could it be vestibular neuritis or labyrinthitis?
    • Posted

I have seen the ENT doctor, neurologist and cardiologist. I have been told I have migraines but I don't believe it. The neurologist wants to put me on medication for that. But I feel like it is a lot of guessing. You know what I mean?
    • Posted

I'm sure u would know if u were having migraines! It could be an inner ear viral illness. I have "suspected" vestibular neuritis as they have come to that conclusion via process of elimination. I see a chiropractor and she's amazing! I highly recommend it
    • Posted

I will have to try that. It seems that every doctor has an opinion but they are not sure themselves. I don't want just any medication. I want the right one if that is needed. Vestibular Neuritis. I need to read about that. I have been reading hundreds of articles trying to figure out what is wrong with me. Do you do the same same thing?
    • Posted

I sure do! I found a great link about VN but it won't let me post. The only other thing I can think of is BPPV so have a read on that too. If it is inner ear the best thing to do is keep moving. I'm on week 7 and some days are better than others. I have three kids to look after and I miss being the mum to them that I was. It's also caused me anxiety and panic attacks. It's been hell!! I can't wait for it to leave
    • Posted

I feel for you! Trying to be a good mom and be dizzy at the same time is the hardest thing I have I ever done! I have four kids and they are suffering from me changing so much. Being dizzy steals your happiness! Trying to cook dinner and having to sit down all the time or clean the house. I told my husband it's like someone spins you in circles over and over again then says go. Try to be normal while being constantly dizzy. It is really bad I am finding myself so jealous of people moms in particular who walk around looking so healthy and normal. I want that so bad. I had that a little over three months ago.
    • Posted

U will get it back :-) try to remain positive. I know it's so hard and I need to tell myself that daily too. Iv just been in hospital because of it as it got so bad they did a CT scan and all is fine. I have found gaze exercises helpful off YouTube and u could also look up vestibular exercises on there too. Start off slowly and don't exceed 5-10 mins a day or Ul set urself back
    • Posted

Thank you so much. I really appreciate someone knowing how hard it is. I don't talk about it I just push through life and it is so hard. People ask me for favors and I am like well if you knew how hard every single day was for me you wouldn't expect so much. I am not the same person I was. I look normal but feel so horrible.
    • Posted

I totally understand. Chronic illnesses are rough as u look fine so people treat u like ur fine. I'm always here if u need to talk :-)
  • Posted

Do you have vertigo (a feeling the environment is moving or you are moving)?  When do the episodes happen?

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

It is a constant dizziness that hit me 3 months ago. I was in my kitchen and I felt light headed. I dropped to the floor and woke up to 3 paramedics taking care of me. My heart was beating 176 beats a minute. I thought I was dying. I was in the hospital for 3 days. Came home a different person. Severe dizziness, light headed and weak. I have been doing leg strengthening exercises since I came home from the hospital. I think that has helped a little. The dizziness got a little better but then I got rear ended and I am back to being so dizzy I have a hard time standing.
    • Posted

What was the conclusion from the hospital after staying in for 3 days? 

• Posted

IST Innapropriate Sinus Tachycardia. The cardiologist thinks I am dizzy from low blood pressure. I have been taking metatroplol for 3 years and have never had a problem. Now I take 4 salt tablets a day. Whatever happened to me that day has changed my life.
    • Posted

It sounds about right.  Clearly, from your description of the symptoms, you do not have a vestibular problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.