Dizzy/Lightheaded for Four Years

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I've been permanently dizzy/lightheaded for four years. I've had all the tests and an MRI. Nothing has come up. My ENT measured negative ear pressure in both ears and I've tried steroids and nasal sprays but no joy. One nostril (not the always the same one) always seems partially blocked and when I close the other nostril and blow, my ears seem to block up and my dizziness gets worse for a few seconds. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi ashiode

Neg ear pressure is similar to blocked tubes.  Can cause ear infection.

Don't know if can help but as far as nose is concerned have you tried natural honey not supermarket honey.  It natural antibiotic and helps keep sniffle, flu away.

Must be bad suffering so long.  My mum used to walk sidewise due to middle ear affecting her balance.  Don't think they could ever help her except stop swimming.  Not funny I know.

Mind you I'm nearly 50 so that was 70 year ago. Hope they got better answers now.

I find that blowing nose hurts ears so try not to do it.  Mine caused by ear infection.  5 rounds of antibiotic pain is getting better yeah.

Good luck hope someone can help.

• Posted

Do you just eat a spoonful of honey? I suffer with my ears and balance too. 
  • Posted

Hi i join in this forum bcuz i too have benn feeling dizzy like im in a boat everyday. It start when i have colds last 2months it started i feel lightheaded then it became waving dizziness, dull headache , my head feels full and neck pain. I take antihistamine i get a little better but still i feel awful bcuz i cannoy do much thing bcuz i feel dizzy always. How do you cope up with dizziness everyday do you medication you take? I want to know bcuz i feel desperate of my symptoms. I think of it everyday it affect me a lot i cannot sleep good and no appetite to eat. I hope someone help me and advice me i need it. Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.