dizzy/unbalanced

Posted , 3 users are following.

I wake up every morning feeling so dizzy and unbalanced its frustrating.. My neck hurts also.. I'm so sick of feeling this way,. Any tips or reasons why I feel this way.. Its ruining my life ugh 😢

1 like, 44 replies

44 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi tonya you may have some sort of inner ear problem light vertigo do you find its worse when moving your head from side to side quickly and does it feel like your goin up and down on a lift type feeling
    • Posted

Yes it does Shelby.. I feel so unbalanced at times its freighting.
    • Posted

It really does sound like vertigo and it can also feel worse when laying down take a trip to the doctors and explain to them and have a look online at the symptoms if vertigo and see if you can relate to them there is medication to treat it but it can't be used long term cause it can cause head shakes
    • Posted

I do have vertigo.. But didn't know it lasted this long.. What medicine is it your talking about hun.
    • Posted

I'm not sure what it's called but my mum suffered from vertigo and she was put on medication for it but told her if she used it long term it would cause a head shake I will ask her when she gets Home and I'll let you no smile and do you ever find that your symptoms ease or are they constant?
    • Posted

It comes and goes.. Its scary at times cuz I feel weird all over.. Thank you so much for your comments..
    • Posted

Yeah vertigo comes and go but I will let you no what medication it was when my mums back smile
  • Posted

Keep a large glass of water near your bed and and drink it when you wake up.

Use 1 pillow, too many pillows strains the neck muscles.

Good Luck

• Posted

Thank you Walter.. Does the water help? I'm so sick of feeling this way. It brings on my anxiety that I've been doing pretty good with. 😢
    • Posted

People often wake up dehydrated too. They complain of waking with a headache. If you snore or breath through your mouth you will dehydrate more. Remember when you wake you may not have had anything to dring for 8-12 hours.

Some people use hot water with a slice of lemon. Oriental people.

• Posted

Food diet sleep free mind and any meds all can b the answer find a routene that keeps you calm and balanced i just started stopping coffee in witch im morning but had to try to stop because of the same dizzy spinning flashes u discribed good luck
    • Posted

I smoke maybe this is one thing I need to stop.. I'm cutting out caffeine (pop) slowly. I take propanolol 20 mg twice a day,a water pill 25 mg once a day,lexapro 10mg once a day and ativan as needed. Maybe my night time meds are causing this too? Then I take meds for acid reflux.
    • Posted

Hi tonya I've just realised you have written that your on propranolol I was on this for anxiety and I didn't get on with it because what it does is it slows your heart rate down are you taking this for anxiety or heart problems? Cause that might be what's causing you dizziness and balance problems
    • Posted

Beta blockers cause sleep disturbance and other horriblr side effects. I notice you are on a water pill, have you got heart failure.
    • Posted

Wow i was on propra'19mg only and felt more dizzy than ever and that made my enxiety much worse now im tryn a natural way
    • Posted

I'm on it for high blood pressure and migraines.
    • Posted

Ok then it is used for that 2 what's your resting heart rate?
    • Posted

Is that after you have taken your propranlol that is normal rate so it's not slowing it down to much when I was on propranolol my heart rate went down to 48 50 bpm when normaly it's between 80 -90 so I hated it
    • Posted

Its after I take it. My heart rate is 83 before. Maybe 2 a day is too much. I need to go back to my gp I guess.
    • Posted

Sorry didn't mean to put that predictive text lol if your concerned see your gp but 68 is a normal heart rate so it's not making it go to low but I definitely think citolpram will help calm you down as it does mesmile x
    • Posted

If you suffer anxiety citalopram will help but if not then you dont need itsmile
    • Posted

I take lexapro. How much citopram do you take? And when do you take it?
    • Posted

Is lexapro a depressent or anxiety or both citalopram is for my anxiety and depression and panic attacks it's stopped my panic attacks and I take 10mg once a day with my dinner
    • Posted

It treats both anxiety and depresson.. Maybe I should try changing the time when I take it. I take 10mg lexapro ,20 mg propanolol, at night.
    • Posted

Maybe that's what's causing you to wake up dizzy and maybe try taking them separately aswell if you take them both together try take propranolol during the day and your anxiety tablet at night
    • Posted

That's what I was thinking too. I'm gonna take my lexapro with my dinner today and propanolol at bedtime and see how I feel tmr morning. If I'm still dizzy I will switch the pills around. That way I can get to the bottom of it.
    • Posted

Try keeping it the same for a week and if you don't see any improvement then switch them as it might take a little while for you body to adjust and if you have no joy after that then go see your doctor smile x
    • Posted

Thank you so much for all your help.. Does good to talk with people with the same issues.. I will let you know how I get along.. Xx
    • Posted

Yeah definitely let me no how you get on and are you currently on anything to treat your vertigo? I will also write to you in a little while to let you no what that medication was called if my mum can remember lol. X
    • Posted

It was prochlorperazine used for her vertigo
    • Posted

I take 0.5mg ativan it helps but they are addicting.
    • Posted

is that what is used for your vetigo is it? 
    • Posted

Plus anxiety. Which my ent doctor said that vertigo brings on anxiety.. I was taking antivert over the counter med but scared to take it with my other meds.
    • Posted

ok if your worried about taking it with your other medication then speak to your pharmacist about the medication your currently taking and they will let you no if its ok to take or not but if its an over the counter meds its will probably be ok 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.