Dizzyness and Tunnelvision

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi.

I'm male at 24 years of age and I've been lightheaded throughout my life. Mainly puberty is when it really began being an issue. I have been diagnosed with a disorder for which lightheadedness is common.

But for about 4 months now I've been getting these episodes where I get intensly dizzy, it's like I'm getting knocked out, I can't stand, I just fall over in an instant and I get tunnelvision. Everything goes beige except for a small spot in the middle. The only thing I can do is wait for it to pass, and it does after around 20 seconds. 

Any thoughts of what this could be or what the cause is. I haven't changed my diet or anything of that sort. This just came out of the blue. 

Thanks if advance and excuse my bad english 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey mate deymmmm almost same as me! I was dizzy and lightheaded for almost 3 years and last week was the worst dizziness I had where its like im getting knock out/pass out especially when I look down then suddenly look up ! I have tried almost all medicine and nothing works, all my test are okay  the thing I did was neck exercise where it works! rotate yoru head from left 8x and to right 8 x then stretch from left and right! it will work, so far Im okay 
  • Posted

Could it be a type of migraine? Have you seen a nreurologist?
    • Posted

I do get migraines, at least once a week but the episodes doesn't come with a headache

I haven't been to a neurologist yet but I have an appointment in three months and it's worth mentioning that I'm in the process of seeing if I have a Chiari (brain)malformation.

Thanks for replying

• Posted

Hi,

I have no idea what is wrong with you.  I can tell you I had an experience last week in the Post Office when I looked down & for a second things went black. I quickly looked up & I was ok but shaken.  I have a bad neck so maybe something got pinched.

You need to get evaluated for sure & please let us know what comes out of it.

What is the disease you mentioned in your post?  Good luck.

• Posted

Marie,

If you search this site for Chiari, you will get a good explanation for the condition. A Chiari malformation (sometimes called an Arnold Chiari) means that the lower parts of your brain have been pushed downwards towards your spinal cord, so they are below the entrance to your skull.

Reading further it would seem this condition may be at the root of Emil's current problems

Pauline

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.