Do b12 lozenges or sprays work? Where can I get them

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi just wondering if any one can help, I have had PA for about 6 years now and have had my injections reduced to every 10 weeks because of extreme tiredness, but I'm still shattered most of the time especially the 4 weeks before I get my next injection . I've read on some threads about lozenges or sprays do these work? Where can I get them ? I've just been dealing with it but if there is somthing that may work I'd love to give it a try.

Thanks in advance

A very tired me x

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've had P.A. for nearly 45 years and been on cyanocobalamin 1000mcg injections every four weeks up unti this July when I successfully persuaded my GP to increase the frequency to every three weeks because, like you I had been having a return of symptoms in the run up to the next jab.

I've always been reluctant to go down the route of self supplementation for fear of alienating my doctor, but once I had "won the concession" for more injections I decided (due to the fact that I had a very strenuous period coming up which included a holiday with grandchildren, two funerals, redecorating bedrooms and bathroom and new garden layout) to try the B12 Boost Methyl spray for seven day between injections.

I won't say it was a magic "pick me up" but my wife agrees that she didn't think I would have got through my hectic schedule as well as I did without it.

So, give it a try - it can do you no harm as you cannot "overdose" on B12 as any excess is excreted away in the urine. The Boost spray is easy to use, pleasant tasting and the instructions are clear. You can buy it from Holland & Barrett or online via Amazon

I am unsure whether to tell my GP or not, but then I wouldn't feel the need to tell her I if was eating raw liver three times a day which was what I was "threatened" with having to do when I was first diagnosed in 1972.

There is (or should be) life after P.A. and I'm still "clivealive" at 75 biggrin

• Posted

how is your folate level, your gp should inject sooner due to symtoms one size does not fit all
  • Posted

Hi deborah,

I use daily sublingual methylcobalamin, and active B12 (dibencozide) bought from Amazon, two or three weeks before my injection is due, when my energy levels go down and the brain fog increases. The tabs help a little bit, just enough to get me through, but they don;t make a spectacular difference. Give them a try, and the spray - I'm a bit put off those, as the one I saw had artificial sweeteners in it.

• Posted

Do either the lozenges or spray cause anyone panic attacks. The supplement has had that effect on me, I can't take them. Wondering if I'd have the same reaction with the others.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.