Do I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, I'm Male, 31 have a fairly non active lifestyle although I do have two kids under 5 and my job is 30 hours but I wouldn't say I do very much. Recently I have simply dropped to the floor for no reason and an ambulance has had to be called.

This has happened two to three times a year every year since 2013 when I was told I must have had a bad virus though I don't remember feeling particularly unwell.

The symptoms I suffer from during and after these faints have gotten worse with each episode. The first year I just lost consciousness and fell to the floor leaving me bedridden for weeks, the second year I got mild, then bad headaches before the episodes but then this year, I was imobolised with severe headaches for an entire 24hours before suffering from extremely loud tinnitus at 8am and then passing out. Afterwards I couldn't sit up or stand up without feeling stabbing pains in my head...this gradually got better after staying in bed for six and a half weeks. !

That last one was about 7 weeks ago and I still have tinnitus and a drained feeling whenever i sit up or stand up. I'm now back at work but It's so hard to actually do anything. My GP and Neurologist have ruled out all obvious brain, blood sugar or heart conditions and have suggested I do some research on Chronic Fatigue Sydnrome as it could be that I pass out whenever I push myself too much. I mean, I just thought I was lazy and everyone else was more active. I often find myself sitting doing nothing out of pure tiredness, while others are about to head out for a second time that shift.

Does anyone else suffer from these symptoms? What happnes to you if you go beyond your limits? Do my symptoms sound like anything else youv'e heard of? Sorry about all the questions I'm totally new to all this. I just want to get back to normal, whatever that was. That's another thing, my memory is awful too. Thanks for your time.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes this has happened to me ! Blood pressure drops dramatically and usually have an infection or virus. I have low immunoglobulins so don't fight infections and bugs very well.  Sometimes it's a result of sensory overload and not pacing myself adequately. 

PEM or post exertional malaise is a well known ME symptom.  Have a look at paving techniques and see if it's worth a go.

• Posted

This will sound odd but...You have no idea how good it feels to hear you say that. I've been stuck with this for years not knowing what could be causing this. I think I just don't cope with the added issue of getting a virus. I will look into pacing myself. Thank you for your reply.
  • Posted

My doctor said I have CFS, I had the  stabbing pains in my head over the summer when it was at it's worse, have not had that in months just monster headaches and full face pressure. I devoloped tinnitus once this year in my knee.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.