Do I have Tietze?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys, I've been suffering with a stabbing pain in my chest for a very long time, I suffer with anxiety so I've always put aches and pains down to that but after reading through many accounts of costochrondritis and Tietze Syndrome on this forum the similarities are startling, I also have swelling on my left rib and sometimes pain, my top left shoulder always feels like its got a knot in but the worst feeling is the tightness, bruising feeling and stabbing sensation that I feel in my heart area, its a horrible feeling, Do any of you guys suffer with any of these?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sure, sounds familiar. I have costo and siffer from anxiety that makes costo worse. IT is a vicious cirkel, hard to break.
  • Posted

Yes I have the exact same symptoms. Protruding upper rib on left side. Pains over my heart. Same for left shoulder. I am lucky that all my blood tests and heart test are negative. I attribute my problems to my neck and thoracic back spine problems pinching nerves to my ribs. Acupuncture has lowered the pain to tolerable and I need less pain meds.
  • Posted

Thanks for the feedback guys, This has been going on for a long time and the symptoms are quite distressing as I'm sure you will understand, Does anyone know of any medication or methods to help ease the problem?
    • Posted

Hi, I go to a chiropractor twice/3 times per week. Have d
    • Posted

There are good chiropractors and real bad ones. One yanked on my neck so hard that 36 hours later, I was in the emergency with the worse pain. The hospital gave me 2 injections. 1 for pain and 1 for inflammation. The pain took 3 months to subside. If a chiropractor does not look at your immages before treatment, find the exit door. We had a salesman who died of a broken neck. After falling down stairs, he went to a chiropractor who broke his neck. It turned out the salesman had bone cancer. Was the death the fault of the chiropractor? If tests were down first, maybe things whould have turned out differently. My present chiropractor looks at X-Rays and MRIs and adjusts the treatment accordingly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.