Do My symptoms sound bad ??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello I'm 40 years old . Here are my symptoms.

I have had pain in my lower back for at least 8 years . I have also had constipation issues for about 8 years as well. For the last 2 years my constipation is worst than what it used to be . Also my stools changed . They are sometimes thin and now in more pieces . I feel like I'm not emptied out most of the time and I have to use the restroom at least 2-3 times every mornings . Also Dependiing what I eat I get a stabbing pain radiating along my sides by my hips .

I'm not a drinker , I don't do drugs and I'm about 6 ft at around 210 lbs . I also noticed I cannot gain weight like I used to .

Can anyone give me there advice ?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi - it sounds as if you need a full investigation-colonoscopy/CT scan-speak to your doctor asap- How much longer can this go on for ?

If not you'll still be wondering  what is wrong, this time next year.

• Posted

could be  a polyp (which if caught in time can be nipped out during colonoscopy) before becoming cancerous.

Good luck with your test.

• Posted

Hi Mark

Perhaps you will se a gastroenterologist...I have Crohn's Disease and you sound just like me

kind regards

judith

• Posted

Hi Mark,

I had on and off constipation and stringy poo! Otherwise didn't think I had colon cancer until results of scan and colonoscopy were told to me and my husband. Quite traumatic.

I am okay now am being monitored- had surgery last Feb 2015 -had 8" of colon removed along with tumour and an ovary -

Next scan Jan  '17-with blood test - see consultant Feb 2017.

The quicker you have your problems sorted the better you will feel.

Have you had results of colonosc. yet ? What did they show ?

Regards

Susan.

• Posted

My appointment is in 2 weeks 😖 So nervous.

I have mild pains along my lower sides .

Seems like when my food is digesting in the late hours . Lower back ache too . Sometimes my back pain is severe . Then it goes away but most of the time lower back ache stays .

• Posted

You'll be fine- get the test out of the way -at least you'll know what treatment has been recommended.

I am a woman of 71 (had my surgey when 69-)thought I would never get over what happened -I now have to be monitored for up to 5/10 years-and will have to have another colonoscopy in 2018.(which I won't look forward to) but there it is- have to get on with it.

Do you have a partner/friend who can go with you on 'the day' of test ?

• Posted

Hi Mark,

I do not want to skew your colonoscopy...so I will answer this afterwards.

Please relax, get rest, sleep...you may just learn that the matter is easily sorted out...I was.

kind regards

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.