Do these symptoms sound similar to pancreatitis pain/problems

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

just after some input in my search to find out about possible issues I have.

I've had numerous symptoms that had me worrying about many diseases, started some AD and they are helping a great deal. I still have s ome lingering issues and it has going me wonering if it could be related to my pancreas.

Bloating

Pain on my right side under bottom of ribs (in line or just below navel area but on my side)

Reflux (not often, maybe for a week every 6 months)

loose stools (doc put down to my medication)

No weight loss.

Whole abdominal area feels tight and heavy.

Kind regards and I hope everyone is well

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like pancreas problems to me, and very similar to what I had.  I had bloating for several weeks before I realized something was wrong.  Also, had pain on my side, although the left side, and my whold abdomen and stomach area was tight and heavy.  Finally it got so bad I went to the emergency room and was diagnosed wiht acute pancreatitis right away.  Spent 8 days in the hospital, including 4 in ICU. Have been out for 2.5 weeks and still have pain , mainly when I eat.  You should get it checked out.  
    • Posted

Hi Mike, thanks for your reply, was your pain on your left located actually on the side (like where your arms hang, & at the waist line?) & did it feel muscular? My pain did seem to feel better after massages. and I didnt notice it got worse after alcohol, was on a holiday so I was having a few drinks. 

I hope your pain lessens every day until completly gone, I guess you will be making some dietary changes? Did you have any other symptoms? Sorry hope I am not affending you by asking so many questions!  

• Posted

Hi Keckie,

The pain I'm referring to on my left side is along the bottow of my rib cage, starting in the front and going about to where my arms hang.  I didn't have this initially before I went to the hospital, but it started several days after I was released, and I still have the pain in the center of my stomach/abdominal area. Yes, I am trying to make some dietary changes and have been eating more fruit, vegetables, and grilled or baked chicken.  I eat oatmeal in the morning wiht chunks of fruit in it and that seems to not bother me much at all.  When I eat a salad wiht chicken and some dressing for lunch I normally start having pain in my abdomen soon after.  Dinner is the most difficult to keep it low fat because I have 4 kids who want to eat real food, so I have to cook something for them and something else for me.  I also eat slower than I used to and can't eat near as much. I've lost 16 pounds since I entered the hospital a little over 3 weeks ago. 

Your questions are certainly not offensive.   Keep them coming if you want. I'm new to this site and have enjoyed sharing and receiving suggestions from everyone.    

• Posted

Thanks again, what is the pain in the center like? I just feel bloated and tight, that has subsided today too. Yes changing eating habits is such a ahard thing to do but I gu ess the rewards are there if we can wink keep it up! 
  • Posted

The pain in the middle is directly above my belley button, u a few inches where my stomach meets my rib cage. I'm sure there is a name for this spot but it won't come to me. Anyway, it is really tender there, and if I press on it, there is very intense pain.   
    • Posted

I don't get any pain when pressing there, just feeling the tightness and bloating. annoying really. will wait and see what comes of it... hope you have a good week

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.