Do y'all have this experience?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Is a gosh awful, nagging, sometimes constant gnawing ache of several joints in your body a symptom of this? Everything I read talks about hot, swollen joints, and I have had some of that, but this constant ache is about to do me in. It involves several joints and it is at its worst when I am resting. I swear my clavicles even ache. Anyone else have that when you where first diagnosed?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jennifer

Yes this is a pretty common symptom. Does the deep constant ache feels like you have a flu bug 27/7 and no matter how you sit or lay you can't get away from the ache? I have had Psoriatic arthritis for nearly 40 years and I am still managing to work full time so try not to let it get you down.  It sounds like you have the poly articular form - i.e. it affects more than 4 joints? Is it symmetrical (on both sides of your body)? Either way you need to get the correct pain and inflamation medication to help you cope with this. I hope this helps.

• Posted

Just saw a rheumatologist for the first time Friday, he felt 90? sure that psoriatic arthritis was my problem but is supposed to call today to confirm after blood work. I had never even heard of it until that day. I had no clue what was wrong with me, I had decided that I was going crazy. I can feel so horribly bad for a few days and then feel way better but it doesn't last and I am exhausted and somedays I swear my thoughts are affected. Any how , I have been reading up on it and none of the websites mention the terrible aches. They all seem to focus on hot , swollen joints. Just making sure we are on the right path.

• Posted

Jennifer 

We all react to PSA differently we all have different aches and pains and to different degrees, so there is no right or wrong, Like you I had no idea or heard of PSA  even though I had Psoriasis from the age of 27 (im now 53 this month) nobody even mentioned to me that there is an Arthritis associated with it, I am very surprised that it also took my doctors 2 years to diagnose it, obviously they never put 2 and 2 together that I had Psoriasis which is very annoying as a lot of damage was done in those two years and i would not be as bad as i am now if they had acted quicker. 

Rob 

• Posted

I have found a lot of my joints ache a lot of the time, personally I think its the early stage of PSA  in those joints, I also get shooting pains in my hands and feet, It feels like a six inch nail is being rammed up my fingers and toes and hurts like. hell. some of my joins do swell up and are slightly red but i am generally warm so cant say they are hot. 

Rob 

• Posted

Hi Jennifer, it is also really common to get muscle and tendon pain, which in themselves are exhausting, until you get used to an adapted way of doing things. It should ease once you find the right meds, just try not to overdo it on the good days. My legs and feet ached none stop when my first toe was affected, but now the pains are just limited to occasionally in my toes. The hot swollen joints are often more to do with a flair-up, but they usually settle to a kind of 'background pain' which is more manageable. I personally find that freeze gel works best on my achy joints and heat treatments make it worst.

• Posted

Hi Jennifer

Feeling like you are going crazy, questioning yourself...do I really hurt.

Trying to match your symptoms to a Google...we have all been exactly where you are.

The fabulous news is that you have a diagnosis which means that once your blood test results are in your rheumatologist will be able to prescribe for you.

I would like to suggest that you ask your rheumatologist for a referral to a physical therapist so that you can learn exercises which will serve you well for the rest of your life.

Today, medicine has a wealth of knowledge that was not available in the fifties. That means that you have an excellent chance of having your psoriatic arthritis pushed into remission.

It is so much easier to work through disease when one has a positive, open mind.

Welcome to our discussion group...between us we have hundreds of years of experience which we share with others.

kind regards

judith

• Posted

Yes, that's normal. What medication have they started you on? Some have side effects.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.