Do your anxiety symptoms last for days/weeks?

Posted , 224 users are following.

My physical symptoms of anxiety seem to never go away 😟 does anyone else have the same thing and is this normal? I'm sick of it and because it's always here I think there definately is something wrong with me! It's horrible living like this.

Also, when you start to obsess with one symptom (me chest pain mainly breast) I feel like it's actually something serious and its like I'm seeing more symptoms of it being serious. It's hard to describe but if you obsess that much always lookin etc if it possibly for you to make up new physical symptoms in your head?? I'm making myself go mad. Want my pain to

Go away and it won't which makes me more anxious.

Thanks for reading, Nicola xx

25 likes, 296 replies

296 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi I've had severe physical symptoms everday 24/7 for 16 months now not a minute passes I feel well I have at least 5 symptoms a day.mainly severe dizziness pain allover especially chest, tingling, can't focus eyes, nausea ,short breathe,shaking oh I could go on and on I struggle to believe this is all anxiety even after lots of all clears.my life stopped 16 months ago and I want it back

Β 

• Posted

I Knw what you are feeling I have beengoing through anxiety and depression from February and it make me scared I have the symptoms right through the day sometimes i think I am gonna die I am gonna start therapy duo to see if it can helpπŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“ I Knw wat u feeling I am afraid to go to work to stay home by myself etc..........πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ praying thuo
    • Posted

Hello there. I'm going exactly through what u are going through.. I've been like this for several months already at frist i wouldnt even get out from my room wouldn't even want to change cloth or do anything I felt like I was going to die. A few weeks later I started experiencing wierd symptoms one of those symptoms was by heart beating really fast wich triped me out. Now thank god i dont really get symptoms I get a little light headed and dizzy here and there but it goes away. What im really struggling with right now is driving and being able to last inside a grocery store. I get panick attacks 😑😑 but don't worry don't be scare the more that you are scare and you try to protect yourself the more it's gonnah get to you. Let it take control of your body everything will be just fine you won't die... yes it might be a bad feeling but trust me it's worth it. Not easy at all but sooo worth ig

• Posted

I know you posted this over a week ago but I'm feeling this way now,don't want to leave my house or anything,are you still feeling this way

• Posted

Driving alone is really bad for me too. That and haircuts. Any time I feel like I can't easily escape a situation I start to feel a panic attack coming on. It's definitely sucks

• Posted

Anxiety and panic suck so bad,especially when it lasts for days,thanks for the reply
    • Posted

I usually have anxiety for the first half of my day. Sometimes it gets better sometimes it gets worse. I'm usually ok after I've been up for like 6 hours but it's pretty much there every day. It isnt easy but we deal the best way we can, right? I highly recommend an app called "mindshift". It's helped me a lot. Good luck to you

• Posted

Thanks joe,I appreciate the reply,great hearing from people who know how it feels
    • Posted

No problem. You can always reply here if you need someone to talk to. I know the sense of relief you feel when you have other people who can relate to your struggle
    • Posted

Im the same way exactly and this really sucks because i usually get attacks really bad once a month but if i have a strong trigger it lasts a month
    • Posted

I feel the same way sometimes, for some reason it comes and goes. Just yesterday driving in traffic got me panic. I try and come down and sip water.
    • Posted

Ik what you are feeling my life has completely changed but in a good way me and my boyfriend are now home owners and it was stressful getting the place a few days ago i had a panic attack im getting really tired and I want this to go away im happy and I don't even know why or how i keep getting them at work they keep coming feels like a ton of bricks and you think your going crazy but your not alls we can do is pray to the lord and try not to think about them im trying so hard to trick my brain into saying everything is ok that's not an easy task

• Posted

Hi I have severe anxiety that seems like it's 24/7. I haven't been able to work since October 26th. I don't want to be home alone so my mom comes over and sits with me until my hubby gets home from work. I'm also 56yrs old going through menopause. I'm currently taking gabapentin for my anxiety which helps some, but makes me very hungry and tired. Starting zoloft tonight. I need my life back. I can't even enjoy the holidays and Christmas was alway's my favorite time of year. I cry just about everyday too.sad

• Posted

i know exactly how you feel, worst for me chest tightness, never seems to go away. gabapentin gave me very weird thoughts, and zoloft and paxil I had issues with it right away as well. Its so desperate

Β 

• Posted

Hi Caroline I couldn't tkae the zoloft because it increased my anxiety after taking it for 6 days. I'm now tapering off the gabapentin due to it making me very tired and hungry. I didn't tell my GP yet. I only take 100 mg 3 times a day so I cut it to 100 mg 2 times a day. I alway's get side effects from whatever I take. I think the gaba is making me cry also. I'm menopausal too, so I'm thinking my anxiety might have something to do with that too.

• Posted

I get that too! Getting my haircut or my nails done. Hate driving alone too. You're not alone.

• Posted

Hi. Just wondering how you are now ? I've suffers severe anxiety for 2 months. At first I couldn't get out of bed. Now I do get up and make myself go to shop but I feel so bad it's easier to avoid it. I want my life back and feel so depressed

• Posted

I am the exact same it's horrific I can't get threw a normal day without thinking I'm dying been like this for over 4 years now life feels ruined with it

• Posted

Hello all. I started reading this and was somewhat relieved to see that others have the same issue. Not that I'm happy any Of us feel the way we do. I have had panic attacks a few times in the past that lasted an hour or so and then I was fine. I. Just recently however had a panic attack that has been ongoing for 3 days now. It was pretty bad when it first started to occur and for the days to follow it seems as though I'm stuck in that feeling of one coming on and I can't shake it. I have started convincing myself every symptom has a terrible underlying problem behind it. What can I do?

• Posted

For me, all I can really do is distract my mind as much as possible. I read a lot and that usually helps.
    • Posted

Thanks for the advice. I will certainly try it. I have a 4 yr old little girl and I am going to do everything in my power to not let this affect the relationship I have with her. I cannot let myself become withdrawn.
    • Posted

I visited my doctor today and told him what was going on. He prescribed the lowest dose of zoloft. Have you ever tried this or anything similar. I have taken Xanax for panic attacks and it worked but like I said I've never had one where the effects lasted days. This has only happened recently.

• Posted

I know how you feel I have been dealing with it for 6 months now but this isn't my first bout with anxiety I had it 10 years ago pretty bad to the point where I didn't leave my house. I'm not sure why it came back something must have triggered it but I am constantly searching heart attack symptoms and I feel like I am giving myself new symptoms. It started one day with dizziness and chest pain I went to the ER had an EKG and Blood work in a month I will have a stress echo all tests so far came back normal and my blood pressure is 120/70 also normal. I live in fear everyday.. and it sucks!

• Posted

Sorry I haven't replied. I didn't actually see your 2nd response. I take a .25mg xanax when I can't control the anxiety and it works wonders. I keep it very low dose and as rarely as possible because I know how addicting it can be. I also don't have health insurance so I get them illegally through friends with anxiety issues. How have you been doing?

• Posted

Could someone please tell me I have had a very hard heart beat very dry milk dizziness sweating and so many other horrible symptoms chest tightness but it's been going on for at least three weeks it seems nonstop last night I was up all night long but try to put me on Zoloft I took one last night and I was up all night I don't know if I should continue it I take Clonopin I don't know why this is happening to me I do have a lot of stress in my life at this time but I've always had panic and anxiety but it's never lasted this long and been nonstop and keeping me from sleeping can anybody help me please thank you

• Posted

Wow loisefox123. I have had the same excact thing!!! Started about 3-4 weeks ago. My hands, face, chest, arms and stomach seems like it's constantly throbbing or my heartbeat is pounding. I've been to a walk in and every seems okay. I wake up out of a dead sleep with this and find it very hard to relax!!! I've dealt with panic/ anxiety for several years but this seems new. My therapist says it normal.

How are you doing so far? Any luck??

• Posted

Are you still around here. What i have is similar to you and need help to find right meds
    • Posted

Really? Yea, I am currently on Zoloft 25mg. It's a very small doze but seems to help.... until lately. Lol. I also take 2.5mg of Valium when I have a 8 or 9 attack. 

• Posted

i am same , keep thinking i am going to die, my anxiety gone through roof , cant think of anything else ,i got to go go for a ct scan next week and dont know how i will get through it, i am on anatriptaline 10 mg doc put me on it last week and was fine but this week i back to my thinking bad things is this normal to feel ok for a few days and then boom back to the old way of thinking something is bad
    • Posted

Hey loisefox123,

I have had the same thing!! It was making me have wicked panic attacks!! So, I finally went and had an allergy test done.. much to my surprise I'm allergic to cats, dogs, dust mighta, and hay. I have 3 cats!!!! I got on a nasel spray and anti histamine. It's totally changed my slamming heart!! I was so congestioned and didn't even notice it! I hope this helps wink

• Posted

I too don't have insurance and get xanax from a friend for emergencies that seem to be happening more and more. I signed up for Crossfit and start tomorrow and just saw that you shouldn't workout on xanax so now I'm worried because what if being in the gym makes me anxious and I need to take half of one which is all I ever take. It's such a vicious cycle. Just happy to see I'm not the only one. 

• Posted

Hi, I believe I can relate to what you are going through. Never dealt with stress or anxiety until now! My anxiety/stress was triggered on June 23rd, 2017. I've had a lot going on in my life my husband and I started a new business flipping homes in Ohio then we decided to move to Florida. I had a two episodes of sudden lightheadedness one in April and one in June. We bought our house in Florida at the end of June. So in Ohio we had to go through all of our stuff to get ready to move had a garage sale for 3 weeks straight, that really stressed me out! Before the garage sale I went up in the attic to clean it out and that day I had heat exhaustion...so I believe panic attack set in which didn't help any. My husband took me to the hospital they had to give me a potassium pill and my sodium was low and my glucose was super high... the attic was hot and I didn't drink any water had three cups of coffee and then two beers not a good mix. So after I came home from the hospital I have not been normal since I get light-headed everyday foggy head and I've had a few panic attacks. The doctors all say it's anxiety and stress related. We are now located in Florida and my family is still back in Ohio and our daughter (she's in college). I'm hoping to God this will all go away and I'll be able to feel normal again. I don't really ever have any other symptoms other than lightheadedness that comes on quickly and lingers and then goes away and then comes back, lingers off and on...it's driving me crazy!! I'm just associating it with what the doctors have said. I think all the stress has built up over the last couple of months flipping homes buying a house in another state and packing up and moving can make anybody nuts!! Anyways, I'm a very healthy person... I can't tell you that taking walks getting out and getting fresh air helps a lot!

• Posted

hi my name is Jennifer I'm 38 I have severe anxiety too I worry all the time since I was young I hate it too I'll be up nights at a time can't sleep right now I really want to move back to my apartment which my Mom says I might be able to next year I had heart failure last Nov but getting better I'm in a group home now but my house mate constantly makes me worry about her hitting my staff and getting them in trouble for her lying and I always want to get up and go to my group therapy program and start my day I don't want to sleep I don't know why

also I get aches, and pains with anxiety too my back, pinch nerves, and hip will hurt, I always shake my legs when sitting I worry about what people think of me, I try too hard or just don't get involved I'm also currently experiencing shakiness and tremors like there's always an earthquake I hate it and I'm always hot but some days are good and some days aren't it depends I guess sometimes it happens for no reason I read but you may e-mail me anytime I'm going through the same thing since 1995 anyway ttyl I hope you can sleep too I'm still up and it's 3:17am ugh I want to get up already lol anyway ttyl  [smile]

• Posted

hi my name is Jennifer I'm 38 I have severe anxiety too I worry all the time since I was young I hate it too I'll be up nights at a time can't sleep right now I really want to move back to my apartment which my Mom says I might be able to next year I had heart failure last Nov but getting better I'm in a group home now but my house mate constantly makes me worry about her hitting my staff and getting them in trouble for her lying and I always want to get up and go to my group therapy program and start my day I don't want to sleep I don't know why

also I get aches, and pains with anxiety too my back, pinch nerves, and hip will hurt, I always shake my legs when sitting I worry about what people think of me, I try too hard or just don't get involved I'm also currently experiencing shakiness and tremors like there's always an earthquake I hate it and I'm always hot but some days are good and some days aren't it depends I guess sometimes it happens for no reason I read but you may e-mail me anytime I'm going through the same thing since 1995 anyway ttyl I'm still up and it's 3:17am ugh I want to get up already lol anyway ttyl  

• Posted

also I get aches, and pains with anxiety too my back, pinch nerves, and hip will hurt, I always shake my legs when sitting I worry about what people think of me, I try too hard or just don't get involved I'm also currently experiencing shakiness and tremors like there's always an earthquake I hate it and I'm always hot but some days are good and some days aren't it depends I guess sometimes it happens for no reason I read but you may e-mail me anytime I'm going through the same thing since 1995 anyway ttyl I'm still up and it's 3:17am ugh I want to get up already lol anyway ttyl  

I also go to a group therapy at College Hospital 4 days a week 10 to 3 so that helps 

• Posted

I feel same way last sunday i woke up having anxiety couldn't go into church and have not been to work all week dizzy groggy etc

They are giving me pill but i dont think this is the answer

• Posted

I feel the same way. Anytime I'm in a situation where I cant escape easily I quickly start to panic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.