Doctor took me of everything and handed me naproxen

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone I havnt been on in so long. Long story short I broke my leg few months ago and got put up from 30/500 it's 2x100 Maxi tram. I came back today to get my Meds from the doctor (who I don't see cuz he's so rude and clueless) and he handed my naproxen and nothing else. He said I should use it on the days of physio that I get for my broken fibula (that's finally healed). I broke down in tears and all he give me was a tissue. I had to walk out in tears in front of the whole surgery. Ive also nearly had a asthma attack I'm crying this much. I really need help.

Xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi smc187

That sounds awful he does not have any compassion at all... Even if he can't help with a medication choice, he can have some sensitivity to your situation.. It's a shame you were made to go through this.. Absolutely disgusting....

• Posted

Thank u for reading and replying My mummy has made a appointment for tomorrow with another doctor in the surgery. I recently joined a private medical company that my mum heard through a friend in work. But the don't cover pain management.

The treatment of chronic panic is gettin beyond belief in the NHS now. They think we're all drug seekers and the reality is that people are abusing these drugs. And worse pretending they have our illnesses in order to get the likes of lyrcia. :@ What's worse I find that I'm on 25 and my age factors everything.

I did not tell my family or partner when I was sittin in the waitin area on my mummy comin to console me I thought what is the point on being here anymore but I know that's be selfish and I was angry at myself for even thinking it.

• Posted

Hi SMC; I really feel for you.  If the new doctor is at Same clinic, do you feel that this will make any difference, as the new dr will surely be able to read your previous notes from the past dr? (this is how our clinics work here in Australia anyway??)

?I would suggest, if you have been given an official diagnosis of Fibro, that you Insist on a Referral to a Rhuematologist, from another GP in a different clinic, and then follow the Rhuemy's advice/medications.  It is Rhuatologists that specialize in the correct Pain treatments for Fibro (and other Auto-immune conditions etc).

Firstly, though, t do try and find a GP who understands Fibro, and you as a person, first.              Keep in touch and let us know how/where you go from here.                           Bron

• Posted

Hi bron thank u so much for ur kind words. I'm going back today to see a lady doctor who is a lot kinder and has a bed side manner which the other dr didn't. I did get my diagnosis from a rhuemy but the waitin list to be seen again is crazy. I did not even be told verbally I got a letter saying it which spiralled me into a very dark place.

I will post later how I get on today. Fingers crossed I get the help/understanding we all need.

Xx

• Posted

Hi i have just got back from the docs. Omg where to start my mum put a letter in to complain about the way I was treated and the lack of duty of care. Anyways I have been give duloxetine 70mg to start when I finish my tramadol corse on Monday. So I shall see how I go with this.

Thank u all for readin and replying u really don't

No how much it means to me. To no that someone else really does understand and are supportive. It's hard to keep fighting.

Xx

• Posted

Hi SMC; I feel that "YES", you may find some benefit from the Duloxitine, as we all do go through a stage of " a sort of depression" when this ALL hits us, and this is what the Dr has given you.  However, this is NOT going to help with your pain:  if it was myself in your situation, I would be asking for a trial of 10mgms of  Amitriptylline (this also is an anti-depressant from the Old days", but it is  one of the main pain relievers that many of us use....it is my "necessity" when the burning pain sets in.  If you don't like this tablet, after   giving yourself a good couple of weeks to get it into your system, (so long as you don't suffer any Allergic side affects, which is not a common issue using this medication); then. the other medication that many seem to get a lot of benefit from is Gabapentin (also known as Neurontin), and this med is a "Nerve Blocker", hence very good for Fibro, as this is our main complaint ......the Over Stimulation/reaction to Pain.

?I am still wondering which country you live in, as within Australia, if you can get a referral to a Private Rhuemy, then our National Health Scheme covers most of the cost (I am in Private Health so don't have an issue), but do know that here, the 1st consultation you are out of pocket about $100, and then after that maybe $50.   I think if you feel this is worth doing, instead of the "long waiting period through the public system", it is really worth this money After you have a regime that works for you, then it is upto the Very good, understanding GP to keep you on this regime, and there usually is no need to go back to the Rheumy..  No-one can "keep going if in the pain that we put up with, every day, for a long period of time".....it just wears you down to the point that you do become depressed and then More issues of pain, and the Roller Coaster Ride continues.

?As before, keep blogging on the forum, and many will help you through.

?(also hoping that you have researched for yourself ALL the other herbal/natural treatments that many of us use....such as supplementing with Magnesium, and having magnesium baths etc...use of Hot Packs, Multi-vitamins for extra protection against viruses, and energy boost                 Bronbiggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.