Does 50 or 25 mg really make a difference?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Was put on 50 mg of this while coming off Clonazepam to help with sleep during withdrawal period. I already take 22.5 mg of Mirtazapine and I feel that taking all this maybe too much and not helping the headaches I'm getting constantly from coming off Clonazepam.

I've only been taking this for 2 weeks at 50 mg and really don't want it added to my Mirtazapine so does everyone think I should ween back off it or can I just stop taking it since it's only been 2 weeks on it. If I ween off it is there really that much of a difference between 50 and 25 mg also? Thanks in advance for any opinions or info that may help in my decision making.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Don't know if this is really relevant to you but approx 6/52 ago I had my routine gp review with my husband present and he told gp i was definately lower in mood just as i was thinking i'd nearly made it through crappy january relatively ok all things considered Anyway my anger at husband quickly subsided and gp said maybe the quetiapine dose was too much at present (50mgs) I have been on 25mgs since that consultation and it's taken that long for my energy levels and mood to improve and i am a brighter ,funnier happier person SO in my humble opinion yes for me a dose reduction has made a huge difference but has taken time.AND I am still sleeping without a problem which was a concern with a dose reduction. Best Wishes L

• Posted

Lynne,

Thanks for the response and since I posted I've gotten off of the Seroquel totally and I've had similar reactions and I've been doing fine off of it. I was a little concerned getting off of it while still dealing with the effects of coming off of Clonazepam but it has gone better than I expected and I'm happy I did!

All I have left is to get off of Mirtazapine and then I'll be medication free even though I'm going to take it slower than getting off of other medications to hopefully make it a little easier.

• Posted

Glad to hear you got off the Seroquel. If you don't mind me asking, besides tapering off Mirt, are you on any other meds ?

• Posted

Cynthia,

I'm down to Mirtazapine as the only medication that I'm left on and I'm staying on this now only because of the side effects I've had from getting off Clonazepam so that I can sleep at night. I feel like I'm almost ready to start weening off the Mirtazapine and hope to be medicine free hopefully in the near future.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. You give me hope that soon I can get off Klonopin and other meds. If I was stable and feeling good , I don't have a problem taking meds. I'm not well and it's been way too long and so many med changes. I feel some are causing the what they are suppose to help. I wish you the best on your taper. You got this. Thank you

• Posted

Cynthia,

Don't rush anything and do what is right for you and I feel that the medication has caused a lot of issues for me which is why I've decided it's time for me to get off them.

If you decide to get off of them yourself just please do it slowly and don't rush off of the Klonopin especially. You have the strength within you to do anything, anyone dealing with the things we deal with daily has to be strong! I wish you well in the future whatever you decide and you will be in my prayers.

• Posted

I also feel my meds are causing more issues than than treating. I definitely will do a slow taper off the Klonopin. Went to my pdoc yesterday and asked if I was in tolerance / withdrawel since it is not calming me like it has for years. He said tolerance perhaps but not withdrawel. I've been asking him this for months. He doesn't think it is causing any problems. I think he is wrong. I also asked about the night dose of Seroquel ,if it could be the cause of my severe flat mood. Again he again told me no. Now he put me on a low dose of ability. I didn't want to try it, but he pretty much said if I don't want to take what he recommends , I'm non compliant. Thank You keeping me in your prayers. God Bless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.