does a large abdominal aneurysm of 7 cm cause sickness

Posted , 5 users are following.

B in Law diagnosed few months back large abdominal aneurysm, he has had bouts of extreme sickness, e.g after a peice of cake at 3.30pm he was violently sick  bringing up his lunch etc. Nurse said it was due to the vein with the aneurysm, I cannot see that the digestive system could be affected, He is in a Nursing Home dementia, & the staff just seem to say anything to pacify concerns, anyone else had this kind of symptom.?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

When an aneurysm gets large enough that in starts to press on internal organs near it, it can cause problems. It depends on where they are located as to what organs they press against causing different symptoms. They can cause hoarseness and shortness of breath if pressing against larynx or lungs. Also cause back and shoulder pain.. these are thoracic aneurysms. Stomach ones can cause abdominal pain and groin pain, not sure what else. Depending upon the size and location, nausea and or vomiting "could" be possible. I would consult additional doctors to get other opinions.. aneurysms are located in the aorta which is the largest artery in the body, it has veins coming off of it. Very sorry to hear of your b-n-labor medical issues but sounds like he has support in you. That's much needed and do a lot of research, you can never do too much!

Blessings..

• Posted

Thanks, as I said it is in the lower abdomen, so the sickness, which is violent, did not seem as if it should come from aneurysm located in an  area in line with tummy button an area I thought was too low to be near the stomach, where I realise pressing on that could cause sickness the size is 7 cm.
  • Posted

https://patient.info/health/abdominal-aortic-aneurysm

Emis Moderator comment: I have replaced the given link with a link to the equivalent article on our site.

• Posted

to moderator; I had already read carefully all the details on the site, which did not answer actually- my specific question, re lower abdominal aortic 7 cm aneurysm and its possible connection with major vomiting over a long period of time.
    • Posted

Ok thanks, didn't realize I could have directed her to info on this site...

• Posted

If you search on any condition you will find that this is one of the most informative sites on medical conditions and drugs. For example look at the related information to to the right of this page.
  • Posted

Hi , My Mother who is also in a nursing home was diagnosed with aortic dissection and abdominal aneurysm , she has had bouts of nausea and vomiting and a feeling of always being full. The doctor has said that she has had a leak from the aneurysm so her belly was full of blood from that leak making her feel full all the time. She can only eat small amounts of food, If the leak is small sometime it can be reabsorbed and they can start to feel better , their appeitite improves which it has in Mum , only slightly . All the best with your loved one .

• Posted

Thank you so much for this info, but there is no leak in this case, he never feels full, always hungry,he can eat for England,so it seems your case is different from ours, but best wishes for your dear Mum -we all love our Mums so muchx
    • Posted

Yes its very hard when a loved one is ill , All the very best to you and your loved one too. x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.