does anybody have the same problem.

Posted , 3 users are following.

im a 67 year old man I have a hernia for 29 years im on 2pills a day and carafate.lately I have had more gas from the middle of my chest around the left side to my back.and in my shoulder blades.if I sit back against any to hard it pushes the gas back to the front .I don't know what to do.I have had diarrhea with this since day 1.I live on pepto or imodium.does anybody else have these problems.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have a double hernia and think it has caused indigestion and gas issues. I try to drink lots of water which seems to help some. When the indigestion hits it hurts and I take tums or baking soda to help. Never have had this problem before at first I wasn't sure what it was. I do have back issues just hurt and hoping that pain will go away. Direaha

Can hit instantly w stomach pain and that's always a surprise. Can't believe you have had for 29 yrs. think I've had mine sometime but getting unbearable in my back w pain and have to stop for awhile and rest up. Just diagnosed 1/2 yr ago and surgery this Tues. not happy about that but think I need bc of the hurting. Mine is igunial. Hope u get answers soon I'm not much help but they can be pretty aggregating!!!!

• Posted

I handle the pain and gas pretty good its the direaha that drives me crazy.I thought I was going out of my mind till I found this site today to see other people have the same problem.hope and pray your surgery goes good.
    • Posted

is this site in the us or uk.I don't know.

• Posted

Don't have a problem too much with gas issues.  But much of the food that I eat seems to get stuck down in the diaphram area.  Had an endoscopy test last Tuesday which turned out normal.   But was eating peanut butter crackers yesterday andd got really sick from them- ended up in the Emergency Room for several hours.   Am going back to see my surgeon this coming Thursday.   Best wishes for your recovfery, James.  

• Posted

sorry to hear about the er .hope they can get it fixed.what do you take for the gas problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.