Does anyone else experience eye twitching when they have a sinus infection???

Posted , 19 users are following.

I get sinus infections on and off all the time but on this occasion I've noticed that my left eye keeps twitching.... I have pressure in my left cheek and pain in my top left teeth.... but I've never had the eye twitching before.... am I alone or has anyone else experienced this????

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I am so greatful you have wrote this I have had sinus problems for 3 months and the last 2 weeks my right eye twitches its so annoying and also worried me that something else was wrong. I don't know if this is to do with sinus problems but it seems likely annoying isnt it lol x

• Posted

Hi Sue, 

I've been suffering from a sinus problems for 30+ years. In fact the area below my left eye started twitching in March and it was really annoying but the symtom suddenly disappeared in June. I didn't even realise it. I don't know but I believe it is a symtom of something but not an illness. I was lucky to get rid of it so maybe our bodies will deal with it automatically. Good luck! 

Ming

• Posted

I just recovered from my sinusitis and experienced twitching in my left eye practically the whole time while I was sick!! It was so annoying.

I hope you feel better smile

• Edited

I have had chronic sinus issues as long as I can remember. 9 months ago my eye started twitching and hasn't stopped for a day. It was contiuous. Just last week doctor said I have sinus infection and one week into antibiotics this is the first day my eye hasn't twitched. I have gone through botox injections to try and stop it and not once did anyone suggest it maybe sinus related. Hoping these antibiotics do the trick!

• Posted

Hello Angela, I am experiencing the same issue you posted 9 months ago. I am wondering if this was related to sinusitis and if now after all this time, you feel better and were able to get over the eye twitching?

May I ask which antibiotic did you use? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I am trying to understand more about this type of discomfort and how to heal it? thank you.

• Edited

do u have other symptoms fatigue ,shortness of breath or headaches with sinuses is it jis me if I hadne been feeling it for months would have thought it was cornovirus but I've been feeling like crap for months I have the eye twitching but that's the least of m.h y issuses

• Posted

Not alone. I'm experiencing that same thing right now. So happy to know it's not just not me. I feel so much better.

• Posted

I'm exactly the same! I have suffered with sinus issues most of my life but during this episode I have eye twitching in my left eye too. I always get worse sinus pressure over the left side of my face and in my cheeks but never had the twitch. My allergies have been particularly bad this spring too. I'm hoping it's all connected x

• Posted

I have eye twitching too which is then followed by painful sinuses. Always on the left side of my face. The twitching remains long after the sinus pain has eased - most recent bout of twitching lasted 3 weeks. I tried steam, saline rinse and massaging my face which does help. I'm checking in with Dr Monday though to check as it keeps happening (3 times this year so far).

• Posted

so i got a sinus infection and my left eye under started twitching a but before i knew i had sinus and now its also a lil bit on my cheek and by my nose on left side it feels i have mire pressure there

• Posted

so i got a sinus infection and my left eye under started twitching a but before i knew i had sinus and now its also a lil bit on my cheek and by my nose on left side it feels i have mire pressure there

• Posted

• Posted

You can have your actual pupil twitch if you have crystals in your ear. Whatever eye twitches is the same side the ear has the crystals and you can treat that on your own or see an ENT to do a very simple painless maneuver in the office. It can take usually 1 to 3 visits, depending on the severity of them. Your primary dr may even be able to do the maneuver in his office and fix it right there and then. If done right, it can immediately fix it, but you usually have dizziness or vertigo with crystals. You can find the maneuver on youtube if you want to try those or check them out. Also, I just found out you can have your eye twitch if you have a sinus infection, which antibiotics can clear up. Those will be the first things they check for and then more serious medical issues that could be causing that, but don't let it go. It can be something simple to fix or something pretty serious, so get checked out when you experience it. For those that have the eye twitch and then go away could have crystals in that same side of the ear that remedies itself if there aren't too many because they can dissolve on its own. If you get vertigo though, go straight to the Dr. No sense getting dizzy spells or balance issues when a dr can help relief it pretty easily.

• Posted

Hi, fellow sufferer here, from both periorbital trending of muscles, as well as deviated septum.

Currently trying to figure out the cause of the facial spasming.

Scheduled for an MRI to look for a vessel pressing on my facial nerve or my trigeminal nerve. it is asking those dermatomes that the strange sensations are occurring.

could be Hemifacial Spasm condition, or Trigeminal neuropathy of some sort.

Wondering if the muscles are overresponding to try to compensate for the inability to breathe through the nostril on that side of the face.

There also seems to be a psychological component because it is worse, out at least more noticable during social interactions.

Sometimes it even feels as though the vision in my eye is going in and out of focus. opthalmologist found nothing abnormal except a little optic nerve asymmetry, but I've had that for over a decade, and these symptoms only started 1 year ago.

Incidentally, they started in the middle of a course of Trans Cranial Magnetic Stimulation to treat depression. During treatment i would feel a sensation in my face in roughly the same places that I am having the spasming.

All of the symptoms make it extremely difficult to be focused and relaxed during social interactions.

I have an appointment with a neuro-opthalmologist. Will also get a consultation on repairing the deviated septum. Will also be researching ear crystals. Thank you for that information.

May proceed with Botox injections.

Has anyone had success or problems after treatment with Botox?

• Posted

Hi, I am experiencing exactly the same. Any luck with your diagnosis?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.