Does anyone else with Fibromyalgia get any of these symptoms??

Posted , 111 users are following.

My GP says he's pretty sure I have fibromyalgia after going back and forth to him with different symptoms for almost a year. I now have an appointment at the hospital in early December with a rheumatologist to discuss the symptoms further, have a full examination and hopefully receive a diagnosis.

Over the last few months my symptoms have gotten worse and more diverse and I can barely stand it anymore. I constantly feel tired no matter how much sleep I get and the minute I do anything like make a meal or go shopping I feel exhausted and have to rest. I get what my doctor says is tension headaches all the time and feel as though I am allergic to everything! My nose, ears and throat constantly itch (sometimes unbearably) and and I'm always sneezing. I always feel as though I am about to get a sore throat and ear ache and then it goes away. I have chest pains that feel like I'm having a heart attack and I get stabbing pains that feel as though they are underneath my ribs. My back constantly aches but when I try to sit or lye comfortably I get stabbing pains and can barely sleep in the early hours. My ankles feel as though they are sprained even though I haven't done anything to them. I bruise so easily and the slightest touch feels so painful. Even running a finger over my skin sometimes feels as though I have sunburn or something similar. My arms and hands and legs and feet go numb all the time and sometimes I get what feels like hot pin pricks in them. When I walk sometimes or am lay down I get shooting pains down my legs. My Doctor says I have IBS and I spend all my time either constipated or with diarrhea and horrible stomach cramps.

I feel like I am going insane and I can't cope. I'm quite sure I sound like a hypochondriac but I really do experience these symptoms on a daily basis. Am I alone in this or do other people with Fibromyalgia have these troubles?

I am on anti inflammatory tablets(pregabalin after gabapentin wasn't working) but they barely do anything. How can I live like this for the rest of my life?

I have had many blood tests to rule out any other defficiences etc.

14 likes, 159 replies

159 Replies

Next
  • Posted

No you are not going insane, it is all part of fibromyalgia, contact me if you want further help I have been a sufferer since 1996 tried everything, and have a wealth of information. even if it is not fibromyalgia I can give you advice on how to control your pain instead of it controlling you. I do have to tell you though that anti inflammatories are of no use to fibromyalgia as no inflammation is involved. The best analgesic is nefopam (acupan) and paracetamol both of which you can have on prescription from your GP ( you can be prescribed a larger amount of paracetamol ie month supply if paracetamol as you can only purchase 2 small packs from stores) I am also a retired general nurse ( in fact retired twice for ill health) I hope this has been of help to you

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these. If users wish to exchanges these details or contact each other directly please use the private message facility.

• Posted

hi julie,  i am getting some similar symtoms 

my email is _____

ca u help, if u send me a email i will send my concerns , thanks

Patient Moderator Comment: Exchange e-mail address / personal information via the Private Messaging system. Thank you for your cooperation.

• Posted

Hi julie

I have just came across this site and was hoping you may be able to help me. On 14th feb 2012. I had my garlbladder removed. Was a pretty healthy person before i had this done. I was discharged from hospital 2 days after my op. And from that day on my health has gone down hill. For the 1st year after my op i found it very hard to eat anyhing without it cming straight through me and suffered realy bad joint pain and was just knocked for six. I was admitted into hospital about 5 times in that year and had 9mnth of work. This with the eating and going to the toilet to empty my bowels calmed down a little. But i was still having realy bad joint pain depression anxiety panic attacks realy bad fatigue and always feeling poorly inbetween been admitted into hospital and doc visits my doc diagnosied me with fybromyalgia i tried different medication nothing worked. I was put on pregablin which helped me sleep but did nothing for the pain and also put 3 stone on in weight.since december 2013 i was vomiting on a daily basis had terrible panic attacks and twitching of my joints. I have also started with a rash on my face i have never suffered with spots. My doc stopped the pregablin as though this was what was causing the vomiting this was stopped in july this year. On the 1st of august i was taking to a&e as cd not stop vomiting. I have given an antisickness tablet and anti histamine within 10mins of taking it my body went into shock. I was kept in hospital over night for observation but ended up been kept n for a week as everytime they gave me antihistamine or Antisickness i went straight into shock. I was discharged by gi doc and was told that there is nothing they can do and this is how i have to live my life from now on as all tests have cme back clear regarding removal off my gb. I amcurrently on 2mg if dizapan to help me sleep but been told i cannot stay on this long term which suits me as does nothing for joint pain. I have been reffered to a different hospital to check for auto immune deasie the doc there dosent think i have any allergies and thinks everything stems from my gb been removed. Every tablet im given i have a reaction to im currently off work and been preshirised by my employer of when im goingbk to wk. i still cannot eat a meal have very little appetite got terrible joint pain fatige depression and panic attacks. I used to be a strong willed person but after 2 yr of constant pan and feeling unwell every day i feel im at a loose end as geting no medical help and have now built up these allergies towards medication and have this awful rash on my face which nothing wirks to clear it

Sorry for the long email but i am desperate for help

Regards 

Julie 

• Posted

What do u think about turmeric for helping the symptoms of fibromylagia I have been on gabapentin but it hasn't helped any advice u could give would be appreciated.
    • Posted

Hi david I am not familiar with fibromylagia, but have heard of it as one of my friends have it, I am of asian origin ad tumeric is considered an antiinflamatory, I know there are tables you can buy but try to use it in your cooking too, even if you have rice pasta, whatever the dish ou prepare add tumeric but also make sure to add some pepper with t, then it has more effect.  In India people boil thei milk and then add tumeric in it and have in before sleep, there are other ingridients too that you can add into it  even cinnamon is supposed to be good for pain try a nuti drink check and see if there are any vegies that can help you for antiinflamation, read about night shade vegetables and try to stay away from them, they can cause inflamation Hope it helps and keep us posted and always talk to your doctor also see an homeopathic they might be able to give you some advise on natural products to help with antiinflamation Good luck hg
    • Posted

Hi Julie could you contact me, I have had fibro for 34 plus years and would like to talk to you if you can spare the time,? I also suffer from Crohn's disease and have so many allergies that I'm having more problems than I can deal with (not unlike princess) and I am hoping you can help, Thank you
    • Posted

I did the juicing for a year with the turmeric and ginger, and real not canned or in a jar cherry juice is great for pain but also it's a great all natural sleeping aid and green grapes juiced or just snacking its all natural for back aches ,all that is really wonderful if you really get into it ,juice regular 3 times a day ,Facebook had really great pages they even have a great fibromyalgia juice recipe, i honestly don't know why i stopped because it was the best ive felt in all the years ive had fibro, or you can simply take whatever you want and just buy the turmeric pills for pain and yes they work, but in my opinion if your wanting to go natural on something for pain then go all the way because all the other pills are no better for your body or no more addicting than the pain pills, my grandfather simply got up every morning and took a table spoon of Apple cider vinegar and if he felt off a sipped a shot glass of it , he lived to be 98 years old and not once had to take any pills in his life, no blood pressure because vinegar controls that, it controls everything to pulling toxins out your body in a bath! so if your going natural on one pill go all the way!!
    • Posted

Hi Julie477 I am new to this page an came across ur post. I was wondering if u can help me. If ur still here I seen ur post was a year old. I think I have fibromyalgia but not sure been doing a lot of research to see if its that or peripheral neuropathy. The last couple of months I have been getting tingling or pins and needles in my legs mainly my left leg. It starts in my thighs that goes numb then down my lower part sometimes. But it also is accompanied by pains or pins in needles in the chest so I think. I have been scared sickly thinking I have a blood clot but my symptoms also seem like fibromyalgia or the peripheral neuropathy. If u could help that would be greatly appercated. I'm scared an I'm only 29 an I have 2 children I just don't want it to be nothing bad. Thank you so much.
    • Posted

Hi Julie I'm also a fibro sufferer as I call it, I've just seen the doc from the pain clinic and I've only a couple of options due to my stomach I can't take anything that's codine based. I've been put on amitryptiline 50mg , I've got the hangover feeling ever day. I'm at my wits end with the constant pain. I'm a carer for my elderly dad, autistic son and I also look after my daughter that's 5 and hard work. I now feel I'm not upto it anymore but haven't got any help, I'm a single parent. I don't claim disability or sick money. But I'm struggling every day and could do with extra money to help make my job easier as in someone to clean my house, help me plan and cook meals etc.. I'm finding these things really hard to do. I also have Capel tunnel in both hands. I need pain relief asap, I feel as if I don't get heard when I speak to the docs. I wouldn't wish this illness on anyone. Can someone please tell me what pain relief actually works? Thanks in advance

• Posted

I have fibro and can't have fruit fresh and some vegs fresh that also includes termiric and cucumin . I have found Mobic a mild pain med helps with my leg pain at night . I take stool softeners and vitamins and take a probiotic daily . I do mild wall push ups and squats . I have chronic bruising on my left side to my chest . I have anxiety like no other but control it with breathing . I also have IBS. And eat 75% gluten free . When I have soda or bad stuff symptoms are worse and I pay for it for few weeks . And forget sitting in a car or plane for a long time . I'll bruise like no other . I think the worst is the fresh fruit I can't have for it causes ear infections , horrid rashe or itchy mouth . I can't even touch an orange . This sucks but I don't let it control me smile I get up ( slow ) but I get up everyday and move smile

• Posted

hi julie it def sounds like fibro.i have all these as well an its awfull.my heart goes out to you.i know what your goin threw x

• Posted

I'm not exactly sure because I am no way a dr but I had a friend who was going through the same thing as you and sounds a lot like pancreatitis. If I was you I'd be asking for the dr to to check for that. I mean I could be completely off base but there's no harm in having it checked. As for allergies unless your dr actually has you tested for allergies he can't possibly say you don't have them.

You need to see a dermatologist for that and I have been seeing some of what I believe as the best dermos in the last 8 years they have plenty of ways to let you know if your illergic one of the best ways to find out they said is injest the thing you want to find out your allergic to if you have a reaction within 12 hrs your allergic.

That's the best way to find out what food or meds your allergic too. I've had one of the highest scores in the world for allergies. In fact I've only come across one other person in the world who's ige's were in the high 15000's like mine. If they still had the bubble these days id be living in one.

• Posted

I am interested in info you might have.  I was just recently diagnosed and thought the burning nerve pain is hard.  The insomnia/lack of sleep is worse and I am sure effecting it.  Any suggestions?  I have a very low tolerance for sleep meds so none of them work for me without causing oversedation which messes my breathing up.
    • Posted

My reply was deleted and I said nothing negative but . Maybe one day I'll get tested for now I watch what I eat best of luck to you

• Posted

Hello

I've just come across your reply on this thread. I'm a mental health nurse and I've been asked by the recovery college in Newcastle upon tyne to put together a course about chronic pain. I myself have a degenerative disc disease problem after breaking l4/l5 in 2011 and I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia last year after three surgeries. I've almost come to terms with my relationship with pain but I'm curious to know what your thoughts are. You seem very knowledgeable and I hope you don't mind if I ask you a few questions? I know I'm not going to be able to remove people's pain but I'd love to make this course meaningful mad worthwhile for folks. Can I ask what type of things you'd tell people with chronic pain if you could? Thanks in advance Kelly.

• Posted

Hi Julie hope you still visit the site. I have had fibromyalgia for 6 years now and these last 2 years gave been the worse I have just had 7 months off work now gone back part time. I currently take pregablin 400mg a day and tramadol 300mg but now nothing seems to be working . Any help you could offer would be great
    • Posted

Hi Kelly, 

i was interested to read your message, I've not had a definitive diagnosis yet but my doctor did say she felt it was in her words " 95% sure it's fibromyalgia " I've had blood tests done to help rule out the other " nasties but nothing more. .  I'm from County Durham and found it interesting what you said about the chronic pain course. I'm not offering myself as a guinea pig but would be interested if you wanted a chat. 

Julieanne

• Posted

Hi Julie, I'm not sure if youre still following this chat but is there a way to contact you outside of this site? I'm having the same symptons princessemh89 and I'm looking for someone to speak to.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.