Does anyone feel sick with a slipped disc in the neck?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I've been suffering for the past 4 months after a slipped disc in the neck. I was in a car crash 4 years ago and have suffered from back pain since then, but 4 months ago when i was brushing my teeth, i felt something "go" in my neck and it felt like i couldnt hold my head up with my neck. Since then I have had an MRI and been told I have a bulging disc in c5c6, but most of the pain seems to be coming from higher up in my neck on the right, underneath my skull. The pain has been pretty bad- tons of aching and pins and needles going down my arm but recently, even when not on painkillers, i have been feeling really sick and faint. Has anyone else had this and do you know why it is? 

Physio and accupuncture seems to make everything worse, so i am keen to know if anyone has any other ideas? 

Thank you ! 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there sorry to hear that I hope you get better soon.what is the doc treating you with after the MRI ...the bulge could be putting pressure on your nerves therfore the pain c5 an c6 are very delicate discs which could be taking strain now from your upper half are you seeing a neuro?
    • Posted

Hello, Thank you so much for your message 

Yea my MRI came back saying that the disc was pressing onto the nerve which explains the pins and needles, but most of the pain seems to me to be coming from much higher up in my neck.

I have seen a physio- she thinks that as well as c5 and C6 there is another issue higher up, but says that all of my neck and back are so inflamed that there isnt too much she can do at the moment. 

I am seeing her for 6 sessions and then she said I might have injections into my neck.

I havent seen a neuro yet.

Do you know why it makes you feel sick?

• Posted

Hi no probs I think maybe you should see a neurosurgeon urgently nerve pressure is not to be taken lightly it could effect your mobility eventually...the sickness feeling could mayb be side effects from meds but also your body telling you something is wrong physio is good but rather find the problem first incase you cause more damage....I'm goin for spinal surgery next fri I have an annular tear at L4 and l5 which has caused me great pain and suffering which is getting worse my disc tore so I have pressure on my inner nerve after doing a nerve blok please get treatment medically instead of only physio it's scary when it comes to nerves I'm taking Lyrica for the nerve pain and side effects wer nausea and jus feeling unwell so I lowered my dosage for now please see a neurosurgeon first then take it from there...hope it helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.