Does anyone feel the dizziness thru their body

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

New question. Does anyone feel the dizziness thry their body? Feels like you when your sitting you feel like your body is moving like slight waves. I've had from the beginning and am curious about it. How does dizziness in the head or ears cause you to feel it thru your body ?

Thanks

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes! I am experiencing that right now it is terrible. Sometimes if feels like my entire body is falling. Especially in my stomach and my legs I'll feel it. Or sometimes if feels like my body shifts or floats. It sends my dizziness out of control. I don't know technically why it happens, I think it has to do with false signals from your inner ear to your brain. I have vestibular neuritis.
    • Posted

Hi Jennifer

I'm sorry your going thru this to. It an awful thing to have. I hate all of it. This feeling of moving is odd. It feels like I'm sitting on a small wave going up and down. It's not all the time. I also have that falling feeling when I stand up and sit in a slight leaning back position, that's not all the time either. I seems to change the sensations do, do you think this also? Do you have anxiety with it? Are you on any meds? I just started Amitripyline and hope it will help. I have MAV or so they think.

• Posted

It truly has been a nightmare. I've had it for three months now. It does seem to come on when I change positions or move a certain way. My anxiety has been absolutely awful through all of this. I am not on any meds besides occasionally promethazine which really doesn't do anything just calms my stomach. It really has become debilitating. I hope you find relief soon!
    • Posted

I hope both of you feel better. Being dizzy is horrible. It really does stop you from living a normal life. I have a hard time explaining my dizziness but I also have that feeling that I am falling. I took a medicine for dizziness and the ENT doctor said if you take it when you really don't have water in your ears it makes the dizziness worse. I took meclizine. It didn't help anyways I was just hoping it would.
    • Posted

I took meclizine also. I think maybe it just barely took the edge off but I didn't feel noticeably different. I also have such a hard time explaining my dizzineas. Sometimes it feels like I'm "passing out" but I never have. I think it's more that overwhelming rush of dizziness mixed with feeling sensations of falling or floating. It was incredibly frustrating to get a diagnosis because my doctor kept insisting it was anxiety. I kept trying to tell them I'm anxious because I feel like this, not the other way around.
    • Posted

I think feeling like you are going to pass out is scarier than feeling dizzy. I hate both feelings but I get so light headed it scares me. I am really hopeful that going to a chiropractor next week and working with a physical therapist will help. Praying and hoping. I can't believe how much my life has changed in three months! How long have you been dizzy for?
    • Posted

Three months for me sad I'm really hoping that if I am consistent with my therapy and do the exercises I will start to have more "not as bad" days and slowly feel like myself again. I think this has just spiraled out of control and given me secondary issues like an awful neck and back, anxiety, and just being in horrible shape. Just walking around makes me exhausted and out of breath because I went from being very active to suddenly not wanting to move off the couch. All of which add to the dizziness and lightheaded feeling.
  • Posted

The vestibular system is not only responsible for keeping the head position stable with respect to gravity, but also keeping the body position stable with respect to gravity.  Vestibular dysfunction will therefore also affect posture.

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

In your experience with vestibular patients do you find that the VR therapy helps with the spaciness VN patients experience. I'm no longer dizzy in the traditional sense. I have sensitivity at times when I move my head. I've found it has lessened with the therapy. I have very good balance with my eyes open. Eyes closed is more challenging. It's the feeling of spaciness that I'm feeling most challenged by. I had a vertigo episode September 2015 that lasted close to an hour and I've been recovering slowly since. Any advice would be appreciated 
    • Posted

Yes, VR therapy helps, the primary purpose of which is to expand your vision, proprioception and motor skills to compensate for vestibular loss.

• Posted

I have been doing VR and balance exercisesfor over a year and in many ways I got better. Now it seems worse in some respects. Looking down has always been a problem and I cannot sort it. I am also unbalanced now whilst walking and my brain seems to wobble. What can I do to help myself? Going for walks is no fun anymore.
    • Posted

So that must be the reason when i'm sitting on the couch or driving, my body wants to go to the left.  The vestibular system is saying go this way so your are straight, as if it feels it needs to lean to one side to be straight, is this correct?  

Is MAV with no movement in the eyes during hall pike exam, would that be considered inner ear or in the brain?  

Trying to understand this since my dizziness seems to be different sensations, like rocking or falling or leaning or bouy in the water and most always with a slight headache or worse at time and with shoulder and neck tightness.  Also causes lots of anxiety, which the ENT said is pretty much normal as is depression.  

Thank you for all your help in helping me to understand this more, i'm hoping it will help my fears and anxiety with it.

• Posted

Thank you for responding. I see you respond to so many people. It's very kind of you
    • Posted

I do not remember if we communicated before.  Do you have a diagnosis?

• Posted

MAV may be either central or peripheral, or both.   No one agrees to its origin.

• Posted

I don't have the rocking sensation. I've read many threads where people do. I have dizziness some double vision at times and exhaustion. I'm also spacey and feel like life is through a lens. I have been diagnosed with vestibular neuritis. Had a massive vertigo attack last September that lasted an hour. I've been slowly recovering. I think the VRT is helping.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your help.  It seems dizziness in the inner ear and brain are very hard to really diagnose.  I guess its pretty complicated.  I wish there was more known about it.  Its frustrating not really knowing whats going on, as i'm sure it is for everyone who has it.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.