Does anyone get nausea and a headache with their IBS?

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have burning in my left upper abdomen and can feel reflux in my throat as well as a dull headache each day along with my cramping and D...... Does anyone else have these symptoms? 

Also, has anyone tried artichoke leaf extract for their symptoms? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I would ask your Dr to check for elocopacti (spelt wrong) bacteria and to see if you need to have an endoscopy. It sounds like you might have gord. Could be ibs. But I ibs is just unknown stomach pain. Buscopan can help with cramping. I take omeprazole for acid reflux. Might also be worth checking if you also have symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome or fibromyalgia.
    • Posted

Thanks Susan....I am having a scope Tuesday and I believe he will check for heliobacter as well as other things...I don't think I have chronic fatigue but am pretty sure I have fibromyalgia because I have muscular pain offer, especially upon awakening, but maybe I am just getting old(:

• Posted

I get nausea with IBS but no headache.  However. headache is a symptom of IBS.  Everyone experiences IBS differently.
    • Posted

Do you sometimes have yellow to orange stools? Gross question but oh well-I have this a few times a month
    • Posted

No, my stools have never changed colour.  They only changed shape and consistency. I first had brick hard pellets and then longer, thinner and softer stools when they became urgent.
  • Posted

Sickness less frequent these days but migraines are still common place and can not take tablets at the mo as undergoing tests as my blood has stopped clotting so a little shaving nick ends up as a night in A&E so having to put up with migraines.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.