Does anyone have their anxiety flare up if you miss medicine?

Posted , 4 users are following.

The last few days I started taking my medicine at night since the morning hurt my stomach and I don't think it's absorbing as well because my anxiety feels bad again.

Does anyone else notice if their anxiety starts getting bad when they miss a dose/switch it up?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I feel like I am one pill away from being crazy.. I started taking mine at night also which I feel like I absorb it better but I feel by 4pm my anxiety kicks in so i feel i need to take it to bring down my anxiety. The last few week I been taking a natural herb (irishmoss) to help that middle of the day crash if my thyroid med
    • Posted

Yeah that's almost how I felt too! So weird. I caved and took it at 4 pm because I was so anxious.

One pill away from being crazy is definitely how to explain it lol

• Posted

What med are you on.... I was on  Synthroid I hadn't to get on a pill for anxiety,  insomnia and joint pain. I was crying for no reason. Then I got new Endro Dr and she put me on Armour thyroid. I AM NOT ON ANY OF THOSE PILLS just my thyroid med. I don't understand why they keep taking pls thyroids out and not knowing much about these side effects.... I always say if I know what I know now I would have taking my chances with keeping mine

• Posted

I'm on levothyroxine which I think is generic for synthroid!

• Posted

Hi - I have switched from morning to taking my medication at night.  I think it works better at night. Thanks to advice from this site.

​Do you think your anxiety could be attributed to something else and not your thyroid problem???

​Consider other causes before changing medication times.

All the very best in managing thyroid issues.

• Posted

Rabiah15342 u have to  realize it is not just your thyroid its also adrenal gland and your pituitary gland that works together if one is off they ALL will be off many ppl with thyroid problem have anxiety and sex drive is in the toilet 
  • Posted

Hello Hayhue:

My name is Shelly and I am a nurse in the USA I have Hahimoto's thyroid disease since 1987.

You can take your meds say 1/2  a tablet in the morning and then 6 or 8 hours later take the other half.  Just no food  for 1 hour after taking it. Food can block the mediction from working.  Some people find that better as it gives you some in the a.m. and then some more later in the day and provides a more even dose  to the body than all at once.

Some people take it at night and others only take it in the morning only.  You need to find what works for you

If the thyroid T4 level gets really high it can trigger anxiety and panic attacks and a fast heart rate.  It can make you sweatty and jittery and you can get insomnia also.

If you forget a dose do not take it with less than 8 hours before your next one.  The body will have a level and you can take your dose the next day.  

If  you have mal-absorption going on, you may need a different thyroid med. Some of us can have that.  When you change doses go slow in 25% increments and add in slowly. 

I hope this helps,

Shelly

• Posted

Hi Shelly,

I am also in the US.

I just noticed today that the pill looked as if it could be cut in half so I might try that. Thank you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.