Does anyone here have dental implants and can share your experience?

Posted , 2 users are following.

My husband has had various dental issues for the last couple of decades and had to have several surgeries recently. We have taken care of any problem infections but some of his crowns were not properly placed in the past and we have to consider implants. My husband doesn't care for the sound of it but the truth is that we don't know much about it.

Is there anyone out there that has had implants who can give me an honest view of how long the prep was, what was involved, the pain involved during and after, that kind of thing?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had an implant maybe 8 years ago. If I could afford to have all teeth replaced this way I would. Obviously tooth was extracted and a small screw put into jaw (under sedation!), had no problems or pain afterwards. Eventually screw taken out and tooth screwed into place and looks great. lol
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply.

You said eventually the screw was taken out and tooth screwed in, what does that mean, how is the implant kept in?

And also, really??? Your jaw wasn't sore afterwards?

• Posted

As I said it was a few years ago, but no, I didnt suffer any pain. I fount the link below it might help?

https://dentalimplants.com/understanding-dental-implants.php#4

• Posted

Okay, so the screws do stay in permanently.

Thanks for the website, I'll look over it a little more and show it to my husband. He's very anxious about it and I think his current vote is no so the more I find out about it, the better educated his decision can be.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.