Does it sound like my boyfriend has hiv?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi me and my boyfriend have been together 5 years july just gone only person i have slept with we also have a 3 month old son which is the main reason im worried about this . Well during my pregnancy we would go long periods without having sex which he would always comment on i think he may have cheated on me june 11th just before our son was born or possibly before as he ended up going out all night and wouldnt answer texts and had his phone off hes also made comments about when he cheated on me he had his penis sucked and other things like 'he told me he didnt have any stds' well since i was in hospital my boyfriend began acting strangly

Vert jittery couldnt keep still

Itching his skin a lot and his genitals

Well i ended up having sex with him june 30th and about 20 times since. Well beginning of august ish i noticed i had an itch on my nose and face which he was also doing, not long later i noticed he had a rash on his foot and spots on his face soon after i came out in a rash on my legs and skin like bumps on my arms, and spots on my face i started accusing him of having scabies which he denied. Now it seems like what ever symptom he has i seem to have to like

Diarrhea for over a month

Lot of gas farting a lot

Rumbling stomach

Mouth ulcers that come and go and mouth sores

Aching muscles that feel stiff

Red appearance to his hands that ache which i also have.

Hes also been complaining about feeling lightheaded.

Headaches

Muscle twitches

Feeling hot at night and sweating

A dry cough

My son also had a slight rash about a month ago and slight cough, and my mum commented the other day how his finger tips look red which like i mentioned my boyfriend and now me also has?

Now this past few days i have had a very itchy vagina which i think is thrush.(i also had to get treated for thrush during my pregnancy) and had it before to.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Does it sound like it could be hiv? Or another infection?

He has gone to the doctors about his hands thinking its arthritis which he has a blood test for october 5th. Im not sure if he knows he has anything and hes keeping it from me but its causing me a lot of stress.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

For a peaceful sleep..i would definitely test myself for syphilis and hiv. These cheap screening tests can put some peace in your mind. Or indicate, you need a treatment.   
  • Posted

Hi Sophie,

I don't believe this is an HIV situation but maybe worth testing.

I myself am in a very similar position with matching symptoms! TBH I also have weak legs intermittently in addition. I also have a slightly white and swollen tongue.

I've tested up to week 12 and negative and that's conclusive at week 8 is considered conclusive these days.

I've also had lots of blood tests at my GP and all within normal range.

Something's wrong but I don't know what but I think I'm getting to the bottom of it.

Whatever this is isn't sexually transmitted either as others around me have been showing similar symptoms.

• Posted

Hiya my boyfriend also has had a white toungue for a while even before these symptoms started. My boyfriends mother was also having some symptoms when she came to visit me in hospital so im not to sure what it could be but im thinking of going to my sexual health clinic and getting tested and also telling my gp. Have u also had a its hard to explain but chest pains with paulpatations and like a shakey nervous feeling that feels like its inside you?
    • Posted

I have been spitting coughing non stop breathing problems , dizzy light headed and been bloated , I have been thinking I ud cancer went for a smear today to get that under way my stis was clear now I'm reading this thinking I could have HIV. This place will be the death of me 😢

• Posted

Defintely doesn't sound like HIV at all .

I would say more along the lines of herpes from the symptoms and the itching ..

It would be best just for your boyfriend to confess to the ordeal so you both can get tested and try to move on from the situation...

It is defintely something . I think it's messed up if he didn't cheat that he wouldn't use protection that is very irresponsible.

Have you decided to go get tested yet ??

• Posted

I agree with you it's not HIV related....it's not even necessarily Sexually related trust me!

I have all the symptoms and so do other around me that haven't been involved sexually, most of them seem to have come down with whatever this is by being in the same office....coughing sneezing etc.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply ill look into herpes. I agree that its deffinitly something and he would never admit it to me as we have our son and if he did cheat it would of been when i was pregnant the main thing im worried about is if he did give me something that i have passed it on to our son 😐. Yes im planning to as soon as i get the chance.

• Posted

If your in the uk when your pregnant ️they routinely check you for anythink that can be passed to your son so if you had something they would have told you then xx
    • Posted

Sorry just seen this yes im in the uk i did have the routine tests when i was 12 weeks at my scan which came back normal but this has only been since my son has been born when i noticed the symptoms in hospital which leaves me to believe if it is something he possibly gave it to me after i had the routine tests sometime during my pregnancy x
  • Posted

Also i wanted to say hes also been very forgettful forgetting where things are what hes done dayd before he will ask me why he went certain places and saying things like 'im just headshot'

• Posted

Based on your story it may not even be sexually related, especially since others like your child are coming down with symptoms. It sounds like it could be fungal related. The white tounge, itching, and rashes along with diverse systemic symptoms are indicitive of fungal/mold exposure. Unfortunately unless the condition is severe it can be hard to test for the exact cause. I would try an antifungal cream on the skin areas and see if it helps. Inspect your house and make sure you there is no mold growing (even in a basement or crawlspace) and no water damage. Has there been flooding in your area recently? Consider researching chronic candida and mold exposure, if the thrush keeps coming back it is likely symptomatic of a deeper problem. Eating a healtheir diet with less sugar, refined flour, more vegetables and so forth may also help reduce the symptoms. Finally as others have said get tested for all the STDs just to make sure it's not something obvious and easily treated.

• Posted

Great answer James absolutely need to rule out all STD's and like you said it can be totally unrelated.

I for one have similar if not identical symptoms and it's for sure not sexually transmitted.

Unfortunately my family all seem to be getting whatever this is.

I've been for all tests and Negative Negative Negative.....the advise on diet etc is very very important.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply deffinitly gave me something to think about as i hadnt even thought of that before. Im going to get tested for any stds/infections as soon as i can and if it isnt that then ill start looking into what it could be. Also the thing with my son getting it i was thinking if it is std related it could of been passed on to me during my pregnancy .
    • Posted

The way a baby gets stis from mother is when she gives birth naturally so if you had your son c section there is a chance he may well be ok, get tested asap and then if possible get your husband checked determine when you got it so ask him once it's on paper he ??carnt Denie having them then deal with your son from there I have learnt that herpes can lay in your body tho and have ?an outbreak at any time xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.